Talk

Advanced search

At what point does the baby's position actually start to matter?

(4 Posts)
NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Mon 03-Nov-08 08:20:12

I am only 31 weeks so I know there is plenty of time for him to move to head down, but both my boys were head down from a lot earlier than this, this one is most deffo transverse, and has been for the past week or so.

When does it become a problem?

MrsMattie Mon 03-Nov-08 08:38:05

I think if your baby was breech / transverse from about 36 weeks onwards the midwife would start talking about your options re: ECV etc. Otherwise, if your baby is head down, it doesn't really matter if it is engaged or not - or what I mean is, as far as I'm aware, it's a good thing if your baby is engaged, but if he/she isn't, it doesn't necessarily mean anything, as baby's can engage really late on, when you're already in labour in fact.

LazyLinePainterJane Mon 03-Nov-08 08:38:38

I thought it was 37 weeks for subsequent pregnancies, 34 for a first. This DC (am 39 weeks) was everything but the right way round until 37 when she turned round.

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Mon 03-Nov-08 08:43:09

Well I must admit, apart from the kicks in the hip/side I am quite enjoying him being transverse, not too much pressure on either my lungs or cervix, so am feeling fairly comfortable.

Just don't want him to park there ready for when it does become a problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now