Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

anyone else got the opposite of constipation?

(7 Posts)
Littlemisskiwi Sun 02-Nov-08 20:18:11

Hi
I'm 21 weeks and I've got (sorry if TMI) loose bowls and seem to be going about four times a day and have the most awful farts. I think it is making me more exhausted!
Anyone else? I had a gastro bug that caused diarrhoea but latest test shows it is all gone.
Any ideas to help slow it down? Seeing GP again tomorrow

bikerunski Sun 02-Nov-08 20:54:00

I had something similar. The Mumsnet massive told me it was because my bowel was being squashed up by growing baby and didn't have room for anything harder!

poppy34 Sun 02-Nov-08 20:55:45

me too - it passed (so to speak grin) in a week or two..just made sure kept fluid intake up

Littlemisskiwi Mon 03-Nov-08 01:47:51

Thanks both.
I've had it for ages and just feeling a bit weary of all these symptoms. Baby isn't that big yet is it? Crickey!
trying with fluids but still feel a big sick so difficult to get enough fluids in...

wellbalanced Mon 03-Nov-08 20:00:43

I wish i had!!!!
Sorry im crippled with belly ache and just taking fybogel and lactolose as we speak!!

poppy34 Mon 03-Nov-08 21:29:55

wellbalanced -you tried some actimel or other kind of lactobifidus supplement ? sorted me out (had both types of problem hmm)

wellbalanced Mon 03-Nov-08 21:32:49

Take actimel every morning, eat and drink well and nothing seems so budge it!!
Been docs 2day so hoping the fybogel and lactolose work-but they taste disgusting!!!
Thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: