Talk

Advanced search

How long after your due date do you have to wait before you can get

(20 Posts)
mum2bean Sun 02-Nov-08 19:33:27

induced?

only due today. but i really feel i am not going to have baby any time soon.
so just checking my options earlygrin

babyinbelly Sun 02-Nov-08 19:44:32

They will only let you go 10days overdue. Not sure that they will do it before unless medical reason to. Although my MW says it depends on how busy they are to whether you have to wait or if they can fit you in soonish. I would ask at your next appt, prob 41 weeks?

mum2bean Sun 02-Nov-08 19:50:20

ah, i take it medical reasons would be more serious other then the fact i'm finding it hard to walk/rib pain?
10 days seems like AGES away!!

mamaspanx Sun 02-Nov-08 20:07:37

was induced with ds2 on the 10th day after due date...only cause i burst into tears on the 8th day and said to my midwife that i hated the baby becaused i wqas in agony..spd and hadn't slept for about two weeks...then gave birth to a massive 10lb 8oz baby...i thought this was ridiculous....ds1 was 7lb 3oz and that took a while to recover from. the induction was no problem for me and i felt incredibly greatful when i got it

mamaspanx Sun 02-Nov-08 20:09:31

when i say only because...i mean after she said oh we will see how you are in a few days shall we?????? i think she was planning on letting me go on for ever

Jackstini Sun 02-Nov-08 20:10:07

Usually a week over until they will give you a sweep to try and start you off, then actual induction 10-12 days over.
There are loads of threads on various ways to 'encourage' labour so you could have fun with those! grin

mum2bean Sun 02-Nov-08 20:11:56

tbh i'd be grateful for anything to get her out! it's really frustrating me as i went into 'early' labour sunday and it just seems never ending.
hopefully she'll make an appearance REALLY soon.

missblythe Sun 02-Nov-08 20:15:03

They might agree to do a sweep now. My friend was like you, desperate for the baby to be here, and she had a sweep on her due date, another the next day, and a baby the day after that.

Depends on your midwife, I suppose, but she might take pity on you!

2manychips Sun 02-Nov-08 20:15:31

They induced me at 12 days over. It wasnt the nicest experience tho, I'd take Jackstini's advice if I were you! good luck!

AllieBongo Sun 02-Nov-08 20:40:22

mum2bean, try and rest and get some sleep, then full labour should kick in. i was like this with no2. 3cms for about 4 days. I early killed people I was so chuffed off. the assessment unit gave me something to help me sleep and I woke 6 hours later 5cms! I think you just get too knackered in anticipation of things starting: not sleeping, etc and your body can't get going again.

Jackstini Sun 02-Nov-08 21:02:39

From nappyaddict on another thread, plus some additions I have seen before:

right here's some tips for anyone left waiting still. haven't tried them myself as ds was early but these are things that worked for people i know:

masturbation
thai food
sweeping
mopping
weeding the garden
cleaning the dishwasher out
laying a patio
star jumps
bouncing on a trampoline
wiping the walls
orange juice
rhubarb
doing handstands in a swimming pool
raspberry and cranberry juice
rotating their hips on a birthing ball
washing the car
meal of lobster and champage
fish and chips
swimming breaststroke
figs
mini golf
bowling
pilates
chamomile tea
ginger
dancing
spunk mixed with yogurt
massaging the roof of the mouth??
mix ketchup, soda and bbq sauce and pour over chicken wings??
Laying wooden floor
Wiping all the lampshades
blow job
vigorous shag
nipple twiddling
raspberry leaf tea
fresh pineapple
chillies
walking up and down stairs

yes, yes i know some are very bizarre

Have fun trying!! grin

mum2bean Sun 02-Nov-08 21:06:55

i have tried a few of these, but never heard/thought of doing some of them!
maybe trying all at the same timehmmlol

babyinbelly Mon 03-Nov-08 08:58:09

That should be interesting, vigorous shag while doing handstands in the swimming pool. sounds like fun. Although at 40weeks preggers maybe more of a challange!

mellyfriedonionsonahotdog Mon 03-Nov-08 09:07:02

i was allowed to go up to midnight on the night that i was 14 days over.......i would be induced the morning after that.

my ds came just in time, missing his induction by 3 hours!

it won't be long now...sit tight and enjoy your last few days while your baby is still inside!

mellyfriedonionsonahotdog Mon 03-Nov-08 09:08:02

jackstini.....SPUNK IN YOUGURT?????? blush [puke] grin

babyinbelly Mon 03-Nov-08 13:14:27

I agree melly YUCK!

mum2bean Mon 03-Nov-08 13:16:24

if things carry on the way they are, i dont think i'll be needing to get get induced!
getting all the signs (i think, first time so unsure, but feels pretty real)

babyinbelly Mon 03-Nov-08 15:01:48

Yay! Hope this is it for you mum2bean Good luck x

mum2bean Mon 03-Nov-08 15:05:19

me too!! having ctx every 5 mins, and are fairly painful/strong, but they went away last time, and dont want to make an arse of myself by going hospital. midwife says it sounds like the real deal, but she also said that last time!!!!
hopefully a more definite sign (like waters breaking) will decide for me!
also doesn't help that my 'plug' has been falling away gradually so totally unsure.

missblythe Mon 03-Nov-08 15:15:35

ooh, good luck! Love an is it/isn't it labour thread, me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now