Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

really bad food poisoning, 19 weeks, should I be worried?

(7 Posts)
Gemzooks Sat 01-Nov-08 12:27:55

OK, I know it was stupid but yesterday I finished off a very small piece of unpasteurised cheese for lunch. only about 20 grammes.. This is second pg and with DS I regularly ate that kind of stuff with no probs, However this cheese had passed its use by date and I just didn't notice.

By 6 pm I was feeling terrible, and then threw up/had diarrhoea all evening and in the night. Today haven't thrown up and having toast/fluids but feel totally wiped out.

My main fear is I could have listeriosis, but read on the internet that if you have that, you don't throw up but instead have a temperature and flu-like symptoms, and that if you have other kinds of stomach bugs it can't cross the placenta.

Anyone had similar?

Gemzooks Sat 01-Nov-08 18:53:10

bump?

LittleMonkeysMummy Sat 01-Nov-08 18:56:53

Nope but it's probably worth getting in touch with your local maternity hospital or NHS 24 to get checked out.

Hope you feel better soon

melmamof3 Sat 01-Nov-08 19:52:05

Sorry, I have no idea. It probably isnt Listeriosis though, and more than likely a tummy bug, there are loads going around at the moment.

Call your local maternity hospital like LMM suggested.

izyboy Sat 01-Nov-08 20:02:38

If it is listeriosis you'll probably be on the local news. It is very rare - still get it checked out for your peace of mind. I am sure I read someone that you are much more likely to get listeriosis from lettuce than unpasteurised cheese.

izyboy Sat 01-Nov-08 20:03:07

somewhere

Gemzooks Sat 01-Nov-08 21:26:50

thanks! quite reassuring.. I had some rice and Coke and feel a bit better (though still really bad).. I will phone the midwife on Monday (I'm in Holland and you have to contact your midwife).. hopefully be ok by then,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now