Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

can someone help

(9 Posts)
starshaker Thu 10-Mar-05 19:37:37

hi was just wandering if anyone could tell me if its true that ur morning sickness can come back just before u go into labour. i had told a friend that i thought it was back and she said thats what it might mean. if any1 can give me any info on this it would be great.

dramaqueen72 Thu 10-Mar-05 19:41:43

well,.......i got sick again towards the end of my pregnancies......... not exactly at labour time tho. so its normal and nothing to stress about, but i dont think it means labour is 'about to start' are you right at the end tearing your hair out stage then?

morningpaper Thu 10-Mar-05 19:50:30

I've not heard of this. I believe it's possible though that if you've got a touch of a tummy bug then labour can start because the muscles which control your bowel are closely related to those which start your contractions.

(Might be all bollocks of course.)

Newbarnsleygirl Thu 10-Mar-05 19:53:11

Is it just in the morning?

If you are at the end og pg then your body might be doing that clearing out thing ready for labour but like DQ72 said it might not mean that labour is starting.

starshaker Thu 10-Mar-05 19:53:15

thanx and to answer ur question yeah ive got 5 weeks to go and i wish i had my baby NOW. just want it over and done with so that i have a reason to be getting no sleep whatsoever lol

morningpaper Thu 10-Mar-05 19:54:25

Hehe starshaker, those last few weeks go SOOOOOOOOOOO slowly don't they? Gotta wait til it's cooked though...

LeahE Thu 10-Mar-05 19:58:27

It's pretty common in the last few weeks and also during labour (I threw up constantly from the time my waters broke) but I've not heard of it as a "just before you go into labour" thing.

starshaker Fri 11-Mar-05 04:50:02

thanx thats kinda helped a bit. cant believe im having to put up with sickness again just got rid of it at 6 months now its back torturing me. as u can tell it keeps me up but then so does bumps with all her rumbling about

tamula Fri 11-Mar-05 07:11:20

So far as I've heard morning sickness can come and go throughout pregnancy, for most its mainly the first 3 months or so but I have heard that it can come back towards the end.

I'm 38 weeks and I'm right with ya, I want out! No sleep and aches and pains in most places, come on come on come on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now