Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed regarding possible pregnancy and Mirena Coil

(5 Posts)
JeanieG Fri 31-Oct-08 17:14:11

Over the last week or so I have vomited 4-5 mornings and felt nauseous most of the time. I am extremely tired constantly and have noticed that my boobs feel bigger than normal.
My friend advised me to do a pregnancy test, which I have done yesterday and it does seem to have a very slight line. So although I had a bit of a period, (i.e I wiped and there was blood, then nothing after. Also the blood was bright red, this is not normally the case.) do you think I could be pregnant and I'm just in denial?

I do have a Mirena coil by the way.

Also, I apologise if this doesn't make much sense.

Thanks for reading

JeanieG Fri 31-Oct-08 17:28:13

What I think I mean is has anyone had experience of getting pregnant whilst using this type of coil.

EightiesChick Fri 31-Oct-08 21:26:09

Jeanie, I had a Mirena coil for a few years and had no problems with it. Can you feel whether the strings are still in position? I was rubbish at remembering to do this, but I know you are supposed to to make sure it hasn't slipped or something.

I know the Mirena has a high reliability rate, but then, nothing is 100% (except no sex!) so it must be a possibility, however small, that you're pregnant. Where are you in your cycle? I would wait a few days and do another test, at any rate.

JeanieG Fri 31-Oct-08 22:13:51

Thanks eightieschick. The thing is I'm not really sure where in my cycle I am as I've been so busy lately I haven't noticed when I had a period.

I think I just do have to wait a few days and see what happens then.

mmef Sat 11-Dec-10 17:59:57

I know this conversation has been and gone over the years, but does anyone have uptodate experience of becoming pregnant while a mirena coil is still in place.
I have had first a mirena coil in 2006 to 2007 then a copper coil which made me have unreasonably heavy periods
Now i have had the mirena coil for probably 9 months and it has made my periods a lot lighter but also a lot longer. Recently I have started feel really nauseous and have terrible heart burn (i never get heart burn) I have missed a perid . I have a really regular cycle 26 days but never miss one no matter how long they last.
I did a pregnancy test on Wednesday which was negative but I feel really pregnant weird maybe just PMT
the fact that I am 45 and have 4 teenagers is another factor obviously -OMG as they would say? Help this is too scary

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now