Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Hair dye in second trimester - what's the general verdict?

(6 Posts)
KittyCat8 Thu 30-Oct-08 17:56:02

Hi y'all!

I am a 29 year old who has a LOT of grey hair for my age... probably about 40% of my head is a whiter shade of pale. Usually I "Nice 'n Easy" it religiously every 6 weeks but I haven't gone near the stuff since the positive HPT - but now I'm starting to look like a granny!

Do you think it would be OK to do a dye job on it now that we're 15w5d? Or should I just suck it up and wait until he/she arrives? It's a vanity thing, I know, but it would be nice to feel pretty for the Xmas season...

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

pipsy76 Thu 30-Oct-08 18:13:47

I can relate to this all to well! But having spoken to my hairdresser I don't think the dye gives any risk to baby just might take a bit funny on your pregnant hair!

wellbalanced Thu 30-Oct-08 18:54:31

I coloured my hair twice in 1st trimester and will continue to colour if needs it

mum2bean Thu 30-Oct-08 18:58:11

i actually had my hair dyed and highlighted whilst (unknowingly) pg at 7 weeks! found out the following day blush
i then waited until i was about 20 odd weeks gone before i done it again, the only thing i have found is that it takes great, then washes out reasonably quicker than usual, ie fading.
i think that during pg you need to feel as beautiful as ever, so i went for it, and my baby is doing fine (am now full term and waiting)

kazbeth Thu 30-Oct-08 19:06:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mumto4rose Sun 02-Nov-08 20:05:54

I dyed my hair at 28 weeks and I went sort of grey platinum blonde - normally a medium blonde - I used the product I always do!!! blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: