Talk

Advanced search

Hair dye in second trimester - what's the general verdict?

(6 Posts)
KittyCat8 Thu 30-Oct-08 17:56:02

Hi y'all!

I am a 29 year old who has a LOT of grey hair for my age... probably about 40% of my head is a whiter shade of pale. Usually I "Nice 'n Easy" it religiously every 6 weeks but I haven't gone near the stuff since the positive HPT - but now I'm starting to look like a granny!

Do you think it would be OK to do a dye job on it now that we're 15w5d? Or should I just suck it up and wait until he/she arrives? It's a vanity thing, I know, but it would be nice to feel pretty for the Xmas season...

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

pipsy76 Thu 30-Oct-08 18:13:47

I can relate to this all to well! But having spoken to my hairdresser I don't think the dye gives any risk to baby just might take a bit funny on your pregnant hair!

wellbalanced Thu 30-Oct-08 18:54:31

I coloured my hair twice in 1st trimester and will continue to colour if needs it

mum2bean Thu 30-Oct-08 18:58:11

i actually had my hair dyed and highlighted whilst (unknowingly) pg at 7 weeks! found out the following day blush
i then waited until i was about 20 odd weeks gone before i done it again, the only thing i have found is that it takes great, then washes out reasonably quicker than usual, ie fading.
i think that during pg you need to feel as beautiful as ever, so i went for it, and my baby is doing fine (am now full term and waiting)

kazbeth Thu 30-Oct-08 19:06:33

I too am really grey and have dyed my hair throughout both of my pregnancies. I don't do it as often though so do go through stages of having grey roots! Just make sure you do a patch test though as thing can change in pregnancy and make you more sensitive.

mumto4rose Sun 02-Nov-08 20:05:54

I dyed my hair at 28 weeks and I went sort of grey platinum blonde - normally a medium blonde - I used the product I always do!!! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now