Talk

Advanced search

any experts who can clarify something about CLARY SAGE please?

(6 Posts)
mad4mybaby Thu 30-Oct-08 14:29:29

I had read it to be good for bringing on labour, in bath, flannel on tummy etc, however i have googled to see when to use from and i have read so much conflicting stuff. Some people say its a relaxant and acts like gas and air and some say a stimulant which its good for bringin on labour.

If its a relaxant then surely its no good to encourage labour to start? Anyone with knowledge of it id appreciate being put right!

NBheebieGeebies Thu 30-Oct-08 14:33:40

I was told that it is a stimulant so I bought a little bottle of oil and used it everyway possible grin

Smells nasty though.

mad4mybaby Thu 30-Oct-08 14:58:57

hmm what other ways are there then? Have read, in the bath, on a flannel on your tummy, in an oil burner...

ToThrottleABlackBird Thu 30-Oct-08 15:07:21

I burned it in an oil burner, put it in the bath, massaged my tummy with it and sniffed it straight out the bottle. Hasnt done a thing. I dont actually mind the smell of it though grin

cfc Thu 30-Oct-08 16:15:24

It's good for, erm, making the baby too... wink

kraftwerkkittie Thu 30-Oct-08 18:17:09

i've found the same conflicting advice on the internet, but i've been told that it's to bring on contractions and too powerful to even be sniffed during the early days. Not sure how true that is, but I know a couple of people who swear that it brought their contractions on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now