Talk

Advanced search

Breech at 32 weeks - should I start to try and move her?

(4 Posts)
EnchantedWithEdwardCullen Thu 30-Oct-08 10:30:13

Not physically, but trying different positions that encourage it?

I know theres still plenty of time to move but both my boys were head down for weeks by now and all through the pregnancy I've had the feeling I would have trouble with this madame!

Im planning a homebirth too which makes me more anxious that everything be 'normal' and running smoothly iykwim!

TinkerBellesMum Thu 30-Oct-08 10:43:01

Baby could easily still move in the next two months, but I know that I was in a lot of pain with Tink because her head was jammed under my ribs (they're still out of place) so I did put ice on her head and get her dad to talk to her low down on my bump. I had a bad back so couldn't get into some of the recommended positions.

I don't see why you shouldn't still have your homebirth if baby is breech, might be the best place for a breech baby to be born because it will be a lot more hands off. As it's your third it will probably be fairly easy to deliver anyway.

EnchantedWithEdwardCullen Thu 30-Oct-08 10:55:06

She stamps on my cervix alot, it does make more sense as i thought she was head down and was wondering what the hell she was doing, but now i know its her feet.

Ooh not sure i fancy the ice! lol

TinkerBellesMum Thu 30-Oct-08 11:22:39

Ice is wonderful (and I have Raynaud's!) wrap a bag of peas in a towel and put it on your ribs where the most pressure is or on the head if you can feel it. Leave it for about ten minutes and you will feel the difference!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now