Talk

Advanced search

A low-down bump - is it normal?

(9 Posts)
CuriousKitty Wed 29-Oct-08 15:02:56

Hi,
Is it normal to carry the bump really low? This is my first pregnancy and it's all very odd! During the 16 wk scan, 'Mini Me' wriggled right down to lower uterus and I had to do a pelvic tilt and shimmy to shake it down! Usually 'MM' is present as a hard lump on my left, especially 1st thing in the morning. Then sometimes no lump. So many strange things!!

Ginni Wed 29-Oct-08 15:57:03

perfectly normal! I'm also carrying very low, everyone keeps telling me it means it must be a boy - wrong as I found out the sex already!

CuriousKitty Wed 29-Oct-08 18:41:03

Hey Ginni,
Thanks for that!! I've been a bit of a wuss about checking with the midwife team!

I take it you've had your 20 week scan?

MrsMattie Wed 29-Oct-08 18:47:12

My bump has been very low all along this time (2nd pregnancy). Last time it was quite high and only 'dropped' towards this end. This time - low all the way through. Normal. smile

TheProvincialLady Wed 29-Oct-08 18:50:39

My bump with DS was very low and it is again this time with DC2 (also a boy). Perfectly normal, in fact it can be something to be grateful for as you might not get heartburn and indigestion.

tryingtoleave Thu 30-Oct-08 08:06:49

I've looked like I'm carrying low both pregnancies, first with boy, this time (supposedly) with a girl. I still get heartburn though.

DoubleToilandTroubleBluff Thu 30-Oct-08 08:23:07

I was really low with both DS's.
Had no other porbs with pg and birth tho.

Playdough Thu 30-Oct-08 15:34:17

Very low with second and this pregnancy (38 weeks). Boys both times. It's quite annoying, as people have been saying 'any day now' for at least two months! Completely normal, though, according to my midwife.

zoejeanne Fri 31-Oct-08 13:24:05

I've been carrying fairly low (I think - this is my first) and can confirm TPL points about not getting heartburn or indigestion.

I think it depends where baby wants to be, as in the last couple of weeks my bump has moved upwards and is squishing my lungs a bit. It must have been noticeable cause I saw my best friend a couple of weeks ago who saw me and shouted 'god your bump is low' and then three days later I got 'god your bump is high' from her! Can only assume the baby had wriggled round to get comfy in a new position

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now