Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby not kicking anymore at 27 weeks - still moving though!

(4 Posts)
Upwind Mon 27-Oct-08 09:04:43

I am just 27 weeks now and my baby has not kicked for the past week or so. The baby does gently move about, squirming and fluttering so I think they may just have turned to face the other way or something but I'm definitely not getting any real kicks anymore.

Is this something to worry about? I was assuming that since I am getting movement the baby was okay, but now I am wondering if I should get it checked out. I'd be grateful if anyone had experienced similar or had any idea as to what it might mean!

filz Mon 27-Oct-08 09:06:09

i am sure everything is ok but i would contact your midwife anyway to put your mind at rest

MrsMattie Mon 27-Oct-08 09:10:04

Definitely see your MW to put your mind at rest, yes, but to be honest, it sounds like your baby has either got into a comfy position (possibly facing your back, or tucked behind your placenta, where you can't feel the kicks) or is just running out of room to give you those sharp, jabbing kicks. I'm further along than you - 35 weeks - but I don't feel kicks anymore, just lots of squirming and wriggling.

Upwind Mon 27-Oct-08 17:56:59

You were right MrsMattie, LO is fine, facing my spine and I am just not feeling the movements smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now