Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feelings in late pregnancy?

(7 Posts)
Shelli08 Sun 26-Oct-08 12:57:18

Hi im 37+4 weeks and i feel absolutely shattered, not even done much, why am i feeling so tired and lost the will to do anything or go anywhere?? is this normal? i feel like im letting my family down cos i am restricted to doing alot... x

Ebb Sun 26-Oct-08 14:36:23

I think tiredness is normal in late pregnancy. It's your bodies way of telling you to slow down and rest in preperation for the forthcoming birth. Try and put your feet up as much as possible as you'll rarely have the time to again. And for what it's worth I suddenly got really tired at the same stage, kept falling asleep in the afternoon 9 very unusual for me) and baby arrived at 38wks exactly.

sleepycatonabroomstick Sun 26-Oct-08 14:44:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Shelli08 Sun 26-Oct-08 15:47:59

Ebb did you also get teary in the final days and shooting pains, backache etc, just wondering if it could be the start of something

Ebb Sun 26-Oct-08 15:58:07

Can't remember if I was teary. Might have been but would have put it down to being tired from not sleeping well as could never get comfy with bump and always up for a wee in the night! Did feel like I did when was I was due on ie. period type pains, achey, very heavy down below as tho baby could just drop out. I did do a lot of walking in the last week - didn't want the bugger late but not sure if that made any difference and was well aware that a bit of nooky in the last couple of weeks could possibly set things off. Of course DP thought I was just horny for him! grin(Pounced on Dp in the morning, waters broke that evening and baby born the following morning!)

Tinkerisdead Sun 26-Oct-08 16:05:19

im 37+2, ive been feeling like this, had a sleep in the afternoon again, very tired, not interested in much outside of home and very tearful. stood in mothercare yesterday and welled up because nursing bras were just so ugly! This morning i had hindwater leak of waters so im sure its natures way of slowing me down. i actually walked through town centre yesterday as was getting all my last bits and literally was dragging my feet as no power to my legs.

def time to slow down!

Dozymare Sun 26-Oct-08 19:51:51

I am nearly 38w and teary, overwhelmed, and bloody scared. also shattered but can't sleep if that makes sense????

I agree that it is nature's way of preparing us for what lies ahead - certainly felt that with DC1 and 2!

My advice is to just relax as often as you can - even if you don't sleep a lie on the bed with a book does wonders for you!

Good luck on your birth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now