Talk

Advanced search

Achey abdomen?

(7 Posts)
KateQPR Sat 25-Oct-08 23:08:51

Anyone else have an achey abdomen? I'm 21 weeks, and the last couple of days my lower stomach feels really achey - kind of bruised inside, like the muscles are sore. Dont think it's round ligament as i've had that a couple of times and it's always a lot sharper and round the sides of my tummy.

Just wondering whether it's normal, as my bump gets bigger. Also i'm on bed rest this week (because of an incompetent cervix) so have been lying on my side all week, so may have stretched my muscles.

Think i might go for a urine test tomorrow anyway just in case it's a UTI even though i have no other symtoms.

God- sometimes i wonder if pregnancy is turning me into a hypochondriac!

PortofinoPumpkin Sat 25-Oct-08 23:12:33

I think everything is just stretching. Tis to be expected.

GYo Sun 26-Oct-08 11:29:49

Hello Kate

Im 20wks and have a similar thing - while it usually comes and goes its been painful this morning even after being in bed all night.

Im hoping its just stretching since the baby is now getting quite big considering the size of the uterus at the start of pregnancy.

May I ask what the symptoms are of your incompentent cervix. I keep getting stabbing pains in mine (again only on and off) and Im paranoid about this...

Thank you grin

KateQPR Sun 26-Oct-08 18:39:12

Hi Gyo

Hope you're feeling better today. My aches are a lot less today thank God.

I get stabbing pains in my cervix too, but they're not related to incompetent cervix so don't worry. Incompetent cervix means your cervix has trouble holding the baby in, and starts to shorten, or even dilate early. The trouble with this condition is it's 'silent' ie, you can't feel it. So if you've got pains i'm sure it's not related to that, and probably just normal pregnancy twinges and pains (of which i seem to get many!)

LoveActually Sun 26-Oct-08 19:42:49

Hello Kate,
I'm nearly 30 weeks now. Had terrible aches about a month ago, ended up going to hospital they got so bad. In the end it was 'just' stretching. Baby and I are fine now! Hope you are feeling better. xxx

GYo Mon 27-Oct-08 13:03:22

Hi Kate
thanks for the re-assurance there. Hope you start to feel better with less pains this week.

dan39 Tue 28-Oct-08 18:33:59

Me too - 25 weeks and horrendous pain, went to hosp last week and they said it was 'just'stretching..but it really hurts! You have all my sympathy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now