Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby's head hitting pelvis for days - how do I move it down???

(7 Posts)
Flowermum Sat 25-Oct-08 17:44:19

Hi all,

I can feel the baby's head hitting my pelvis, has been there for days now and is getting really uncomfortable.

I've forgotten all my yoga from last pg (didn't do it this time). Does anyone know anything I can do to move it down to engage? OR is it tough luck?

Am 39+3 now.
Thanks!

melmamof3 Sat 25-Oct-08 17:48:09

Go down on all 4s, and stick your bum in the air IYKWIM. Ment to help move the baby.

Also you could stay with legs as wide as you feel comfortable and rock from side to side.

Both situations look funny to other people, so maybe do it where there are no people around to point and laugh at you wink

liahGeneMutatedMonster Sat 25-Oct-08 17:49:16

www.radmid.demon.co.uk/Chi.htm

have a read of this.

Flowermum Sat 25-Oct-08 17:49:29

But wouldn't bum in air make the baby go back up? Am trying to picture it without actually getting off my large arse to do it...
Am now rocking like a crazy person though!

Flowermum Sat 25-Oct-08 17:53:56

That's really interesting Liah, good to know that even in labour there's something I can do!
I really want this baby out asap as I'm a huge heap of misery but am also hoping for a homebirth so want to avoid any complications that might mean I'd have to go to hospital.

melmamof3 Sat 25-Oct-08 18:05:27

You'd think that having your arse in the air, the baby would move down, but no. Apparently, its ideal for getting their head engaged as well.

Flowermum Sat 25-Oct-08 18:08:21

OK so, will give it a go later when DD is gone to bed and not jumping on me, that probably wouldn't help.
Actually I don't think the baby wants to come out at all because it's older sister will want to 'play' with it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now