Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

feeling light headed and spaced out, 31 weeks, what's happening?

(9 Posts)
kitkat9 Thu 23-Oct-08 14:35:13

just as the title says really - since last night I've been feeling bizarre. Every time I move my head even a wee bit I feel dizzy. Had sharp pains around the top of my bump last night too, very strange and sore, couldn't straighten up as it hurt too much - was nothing like BH.

Also had what I think was heartburn too, was awful. So all in all not feeling too hot. Do I need to worry about any of these symptoms? dc3 btw.

witchandchips Thu 23-Oct-08 14:42:45

Please call NHS direct or your midwife. Its probably okay but it is worth checking it out.

kitkat9 Thu 23-Oct-08 14:47:17

I'm in america and don't even have a regular mw, I see someone different every time I have a appointment! It's rubbish. I'll see if I can find someone to speak to.

Bramshott Thu 23-Oct-08 14:48:15

Anaemia?

MrsMattie Thu 23-Oct-08 14:49:26

These could be symptoms of pre-eclampsia. It's unlikely, but please do call your midwife or doctor asap and get this checked out.

kitkat9 Thu 23-Oct-08 14:54:31

don't think I'm anaemic, I take spatone every day on top of my prenatal multi-vitamin..

pre-eclampsia, really, MrsM? Oh god. I could do without that. My bp is always, always on the low side, I thought it was associated with high bp?

MrsMattie Thu 23-Oct-08 14:56:20

I'm not a doctor. Please don't let me scaremonger you!

Pain in at the top of your bump and dizziness / headaches can be some of the symptoms of PE. It is much more likely to be normal aches and pains and niggles caused by pregnancy, but be on the safe side and get it checked out.

witchandchips Thu 23-Oct-08 14:59:04

Please get it checked out if only to rule things out.

kitkat9 Thu 23-Oct-08 14:59:25

have called the OB/GYN unit who don't open till 1pm on a Thursday (???) so someone will call me back.

Just don't feel right, you know? It's been a horrible pregnancy, bad SPD, just feel like it's one thing after another...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: