Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Bleeding and slight cramps at 7 weeks does this mean miscarriage?

(5 Posts)
Tibbie Thu 23-Oct-08 13:52:20

Hi I'd really appreciate any opinions or advice as I'm panicking. I'm 7 weeks pregnant and have started bleeding - brown spots yesterday, turned red and heavier today and have mild period pain, also feel absolutely shattered and quite faint. Does this definitely indicate start of a miscarriage or is there a chance things could be ok? I didn't experience anything like this with my other two.

roseability Thu 23-Oct-08 13:59:39

Hi there

I had bleeding and cramping with my first pregnancy (he is now 2.6)

You need to go for a scan. Can you contact your GP or EPAU?

Could you be less far on than you thought and this is implantation bleeding?

Poor you. It is such a stressful time

belgo Thu 23-Oct-08 14:00:22

Hi Tibbie. There is a chance that everything could still be ok, as many women bleed during pregnancy and go on to have no problems. But there is still a chance it could mean that all is not well unfortunately, and you do need to contact your midwife or Early pregnancy unit and get yourself seen as soon as possible. They should book you in for a scan and take bloods to establish how well the pregnancy is going.

Good luck.

dan39 Thu 23-Oct-08 16:03:10

Contact someone and get it checked - BUT there are lots of reasons for bleeding in pregnancy. I had a haematoma(sp?) that meant bleeding and period pain. Millions of women on here talk of bleeding...but check it out as worry isn't good for you either. As both above say, contact your EPU if you can, if not your GP. Good luck with it!

Hopetobemum Sun 26-Oct-08 19:16:04

Hi Tibbie

I know what you are going through as I started spotting three days after I tested positive. I am now 9 weeks and I haven't stopped spotting and ocassionally even bleeding since. I got so scared on a few occassions that I thought that was the end. But so far so good. I had a few scans and we could see the heartbeat. My doctor told me that my bleeding (it is only dark brown at the moment thank god) could be due to the sac being quite small still and not filling the whole of the womb, thus the lining of the womb peeling off a bit and getting out. At one point I had quite a big bleed and cramps all night.
Try not to worry, get yourself scanned at EPU if you can and take things easy. Unfortunately, they say, that if it is supposed to happen, there is nothing you can do, nor even feet up will help. I have stayed at home every time the spotting got heavier though! Good luck and keep positive!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: