Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

So, is it only me that has said 'who cares' about stretch marks?

(22 Posts)
ToThrottleABlackBird Wed 22-Oct-08 21:53:01

I got a few stretchmarks when pg with dd. With me getting pg again so soon I have gotten more and they are quite visable now. But, I dont care.
I dont feel a need to spend any amount of cash trying different creams to get rid of them. I feel that they are a 'mark' as such of my being pregnant and strangely, I am quite proud of them. Not to the extent that I will intentionally flash them off though.
Am I the only one who has thought 'bollocks to stretchmarks'?

MsG Wed 22-Oct-08 22:10:35

I don't give a stuff either. I'm on 9 weeks pg so far, but have had stretchmarks for years from gaining and losing weight. They don't bother me.

Sexonlegs Wed 22-Oct-08 22:12:28

No, I don't give a toss about them. I have really deep ones around my tummy button from both dd's.

Tee2072 Thu 23-Oct-08 05:32:10

No, they don't bother me either.

joyfuleyes Thu 23-Oct-08 07:13:21

me neither

wem Thu 23-Oct-08 07:39:23

I thought I wouldn't give a stuff. Was expecting them as I have loads on my hips from puberty, but then I got to about 36 weeks without any appearing and thought I might get away with it. They've now started to appear and have got worse in the last couple of weeks (am due tomorrow!). I was miffed at first, but have returned to being philisophical about them

melmamof3 Thu 23-Oct-08 09:18:20

Doesnt bother me in the slightest. I'm pg for the 3rd time, due in 5 weeks, and I have stretch marks on my stretch mark.

Couldn't give a hooping funt.

fernie3 Thu 23-Oct-08 09:39:25

hi
This is my third and I don't seem to have the small veiny stretch marks I have seen on other women instead I have about 5 huge scar looking thing running up from my bikini ok e to my belly button and each from half an inch to n inch thick. My mother in law said it looked like I had been mauled - she isn't mean she's lovely she just tells it like it is LOL. To be honest it doesn't bother me in the slightest when I am pregnant they go red but when I am not the are a sort of silvery colour, visible but not awful. My husband still snuzzles up to my tummy so he doesn't seem to care either!

Sophie

MrsMattie Thu 23-Oct-08 10:02:23

This is my 2nd baby and have a few extra ones now (got them quite badly with 1st pregnancy). I couldn't give a flying fig this time around.

cyteen Thu 23-Oct-08 10:09:20

i quite like them

LaMonsterWeaselwolf Thu 23-Oct-08 11:51:48

I prefer them to the ones on my hips from puberty!!

You know I always wondered if I was alone in not caring. I don't care about the various surgical scars I have either - I take it as a sign that I've lived a full life.

TheHedgeWitch Thu 23-Oct-08 12:04:34

Message withdrawn

amess Thu 23-Oct-08 12:10:54

They show you have lived/are alive/are HUMAN! I don't care.

MKGisHavingaGirl Thu 23-Oct-08 12:36:09

I wear mine as a badge of honor and proof of what my body has done (other than the two children that are always with me)

needmorecoffee Thu 23-Oct-08 12:37:10

me, 4 kids and stretchmarks up the wazoo. Don't give a fark.

LackaDAISYcal Thu 23-Oct-08 12:44:26

Not bothered about them really,but then I wasn't much of a bikini wearer pre DCs so no-one, except for DH and the kids, sees them.

Am nearing the end of my third pregnancy and they haven't got any worse/numerous since my first pregnancy, but they do go quite livid when pregnant.

yomellamoHelly Thu 23-Oct-08 12:56:50

I hate mine. Make me feel old - even if they do reflect I've had 2 big babies. With nr 3 on the way they're bound to get worse too. Not going to do anything about them though - just hide 'em.

broodymom Thu 23-Oct-08 13:29:24

I have loads ( well road map springs to mind !lol hmm ) since my 2 dds birth 8 years ago but they dont bother me at all in fact they are faded to skin colour now and i i dont mind if i get any with this pg either! No plans to be parading around in bikini! A tankini does the job just as well.

Lib76 Thu 23-Oct-08 14:22:08

i got a few tiny ones at 38wks and TBH i was gutted! then after i had DS (19 wks) i srunk back down quickly and i got even more sad i really hate them and am trying everything to reduce the redness!! you probably all think im mad but it's just they way i feel, despite re-assurance from DH! i have seen worse on other women but i still hate looking a them, thankfully though they are all below pant line!!! wink just proves everyone is different!

joyfuleyes Thu 23-Oct-08 14:24:36

I'm on my 5th pregnancy, I got loads with my first - huge nasty scary ones - but haven't had any new ones since then. I actually find them quite useful, the skin is thinner so it hurts less when I inject my clexane into them shock

anjlix Thu 23-Oct-08 19:51:14

I dont care either. I used to be quite overweight at one point and have loads of them. Now they are just filling in. I do apply some cream/oil to avoid itching in case I stretch further.

random Thu 23-Oct-08 19:54:56

3 kids ...stretchmarks..wrinkles .. Im 49 past caring lol love me as I am is my motto now

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: