Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So, is it only me that has said 'who cares' about stretch marks?

(22 Posts)
ToThrottleABlackBird Wed 22-Oct-08 21:53:01

I got a few stretchmarks when pg with dd. With me getting pg again so soon I have gotten more and they are quite visable now. But, I dont care.
I dont feel a need to spend any amount of cash trying different creams to get rid of them. I feel that they are a 'mark' as such of my being pregnant and strangely, I am quite proud of them. Not to the extent that I will intentionally flash them off though.
Am I the only one who has thought 'bollocks to stretchmarks'?

MsG Wed 22-Oct-08 22:10:35

I don't give a stuff either. I'm on 9 weeks pg so far, but have had stretchmarks for years from gaining and losing weight. They don't bother me.

Sexonlegs Wed 22-Oct-08 22:12:28

No, I don't give a toss about them. I have really deep ones around my tummy button from both dd's.

Tee2072 Thu 23-Oct-08 05:32:10

No, they don't bother me either.

joyfuleyes Thu 23-Oct-08 07:13:21

me neither

wem Thu 23-Oct-08 07:39:23

I thought I wouldn't give a stuff. Was expecting them as I have loads on my hips from puberty, but then I got to about 36 weeks without any appearing and thought I might get away with it. They've now started to appear and have got worse in the last couple of weeks (am due tomorrow!). I was miffed at first, but have returned to being philisophical about them

melmamof3 Thu 23-Oct-08 09:18:20

Doesnt bother me in the slightest. I'm pg for the 3rd time, due in 5 weeks, and I have stretch marks on my stretch mark.

Couldn't give a hooping funt.

fernie3 Thu 23-Oct-08 09:39:25

hi
This is my third and I don't seem to have the small veiny stretch marks I have seen on other women instead I have about 5 huge scar looking thing running up from my bikini ok e to my belly button and each from half an inch to n inch thick. My mother in law said it looked like I had been mauled - she isn't mean she's lovely she just tells it like it is LOL. To be honest it doesn't bother me in the slightest when I am pregnant they go red but when I am not the are a sort of silvery colour, visible but not awful. My husband still snuzzles up to my tummy so he doesn't seem to care either!

Sophie

MrsMattie Thu 23-Oct-08 10:02:23

This is my 2nd baby and have a few extra ones now (got them quite badly with 1st pregnancy). I couldn't give a flying fig this time around.

cyteen Thu 23-Oct-08 10:09:20

i quite like them

LaMonsterWeaselwolf Thu 23-Oct-08 11:51:48

I prefer them to the ones on my hips from puberty!!

You know I always wondered if I was alone in not caring. I don't care about the various surgical scars I have either - I take it as a sign that I've lived a full life.

TheHedgeWitch Thu 23-Oct-08 12:04:34

Message withdrawn

amess Thu 23-Oct-08 12:10:54

They show you have lived/are alive/are HUMAN! I don't care.

MKGisHavingaGirl Thu 23-Oct-08 12:36:09

I wear mine as a badge of honor and proof of what my body has done (other than the two children that are always with me)

needmorecoffee Thu 23-Oct-08 12:37:10

me, 4 kids and stretchmarks up the wazoo. Don't give a fark.

LackaDAISYcal Thu 23-Oct-08 12:44:26

Not bothered about them really,but then I wasn't much of a bikini wearer pre DCs so no-one, except for DH and the kids, sees them.

Am nearing the end of my third pregnancy and they haven't got any worse/numerous since my first pregnancy, but they do go quite livid when pregnant.

yomellamoHelly Thu 23-Oct-08 12:56:50

I hate mine. Make me feel old - even if they do reflect I've had 2 big babies. With nr 3 on the way they're bound to get worse too. Not going to do anything about them though - just hide 'em.

broodymom Thu 23-Oct-08 13:29:24

I have loads ( well road map springs to mind !lol hmm ) since my 2 dds birth 8 years ago but they dont bother me at all in fact they are faded to skin colour now and i i dont mind if i get any with this pg either! No plans to be parading around in bikini! A tankini does the job just as well.

Lib76 Thu 23-Oct-08 14:22:08

i got a few tiny ones at 38wks and TBH i was gutted! then after i had DS (19 wks) i srunk back down quickly and i got even more sad i really hate them and am trying everything to reduce the redness!! you probably all think im mad but it's just they way i feel, despite re-assurance from DH! i have seen worse on other women but i still hate looking a them, thankfully though they are all below pant line!!! wink just proves everyone is different!

joyfuleyes Thu 23-Oct-08 14:24:36

I'm on my 5th pregnancy, I got loads with my first - huge nasty scary ones - but haven't had any new ones since then. I actually find them quite useful, the skin is thinner so it hurts less when I inject my clexane into them shock

anjlix Thu 23-Oct-08 19:51:14

I dont care either. I used to be quite overweight at one point and have loads of them. Now they are just filling in. I do apply some cream/oil to avoid itching in case I stretch further.

random Thu 23-Oct-08 19:54:56

3 kids ...stretchmarks..wrinkles .. Im 49 past caring lol love me as I am is my motto now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now