Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

is there anything i can do to reduce the swelling in my face?

(10 Posts)
mad4mybaby Wed 22-Oct-08 19:37:31

All is ok but 35 weeks and my face is swelling. My hands have been for a while but not bothered about that. My face makes me look fatter (i know not the time to be bothered but i am) i am already drinking alot of water, dont really have salt, is there anything i can do?

trixiethepixie Wed 22-Oct-08 21:16:45

How is your bp?? swollen hands and face can be a sign of pre-eclampsia. It happened to me and my face was the only thing that swelled up. You don't have any frontal headaches or visual disturbances do you? If you do I would go straight to hospital, if not make an appt to get your bp checked tomorrow.

MerlinsBeard Wed 22-Oct-08 21:20:08

i would ring your MW in the morning tbh. like trixie says it could be a sign of pre eclampsia (or it could be nothing but better to be safe )

lauraloola Wed 22-Oct-08 21:20:20

I had swollen feet, ankles, hands, face and neck in late pregnancy. My blood pressure was slightly high but I had no protein in my urine.

My bump was also massive but dd was only 7lb 1oz. I just carried alot of water.

Best to get your bp checked like trixie says as it could be pre eclampsia. My bp etc was checked weekly.

mad4mybaby Wed 22-Oct-08 21:29:05

i actually have quite low bp and have through out the pg, was checked on sunday....

Wheelybug Wed 22-Oct-08 21:30:17

Another one here saying get it checked - I had swelling but nothing we'd noticed until afterwards as it had all crept on slowly but looking back at the photos of me at 34/35 weeks I was quite swollen. I did end up having pre-eclampsia.

As the others have said - get it checked just in case but it might also be nothing.

lauraloola Wed 22-Oct-08 21:30:53

Has your face swelled up since Sunday?

mad4mybaby Wed 22-Oct-08 21:32:57

erm... i hadnt noticed it was swollen until today although dh reckons it has been for a while and just didnt want to tell me! My hands have been fairly swollen from early pg as havent been able to wear rings from about 2 months! I did swell alot with ds1 and my bump is huge and have been told i have 'plenty of fluid'

lauraloola Wed 22-Oct-08 21:40:05

I had loads of fluid when I was in late pregnancy and my face looked awful. Just keep thinking it will go back to normal after the birth smile

Probably best to get checked out just in case x

constancereader Wed 22-Oct-08 21:55:09

I had this so badly I really didn't look like myself. My blood pressure was fine. It went away three weeks after the baby was born thank goodness. My feet and legs were so bad that I couldn't even fit into wellies one size bigger than normal. It will go away, honestly!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: