Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

unborn baby is massive said by the doctor

(16 Posts)
biglips Tue 08-Mar-05 11:50:42

My friend had blood in her wee and turned out it was her water infection (phew!) but the doctor at the hossy did an internal to check her baby (she is nearly 3 months pg) and said to her "your baby is massive" not big but massive, she gotta go for a scan to see why her baba is massive. im just hoping her baba is ok as she was snorting cocaine before she got caught out getting pg (i dont take it but i tried to tell her to stop taking it if she is trying for a baba)

Lets hope she is ok.

Toothache Tue 08-Mar-05 11:57:15

Biglips - Very strange... how can they tell from an internal at 12wks that the baby is big?

Could she have her dates really wrong? It could be twins!!

biglips Tue 08-Mar-05 11:59:01

she already her her 1st scan when seh was 8 weeks pg and said its one heartbeat.... i knnow at 20 weeks scan sometimes there is a twin that had been hiding behind the other twin... or it could be deformed..

suzywong Tue 08-Mar-05 11:59:37

exactly, never heard of anyone getting told baby is big from an internal, external palpations maybe but not at 12 weeks,

although no one should be snorting coke and trying to get pg anyway, I know loads of people who got pg after or before benders and unless you are being very silly with it then it's not a problem, but obvioulsy not ideal, At all, so there

biglips Tue 08-Mar-05 11:59:52

when she had her 1st scan she was 2 weeks less than she thought she was.

Toothache Tue 08-Mar-05 12:02:49

So 4 weeks ago she was measuring 6weeks pg when she thought she was 8wks??? And now at 12 wks the GP has concluded from an internal that the baby is 'massive'?

Are you sure the info from your friend is reliable? No offence meant.

ggglimpopo Tue 08-Mar-05 12:07:53

Message withdrawn

Bozza Tue 08-Mar-05 12:11:36

Sounds a bit weird to me. Would not be getting too worried about it yet. How can they tell?

biglips Tue 08-Mar-05 12:15:48

i dont really know but the docs was from the hossy and he checked her internal, maybe he felt "the bag" that baby is inside!!

Toothache - sorry i didnt explain properly, 4 weeks ago seh thought she was 10 weeks pg but hossy said she is 8 weeks and 6 days pg

biglips Tue 08-Mar-05 12:17:48

friend went to the hossy where i gave birth to my baba

Bozza Tue 08-Mar-05 12:18:35

But they can't really tell at 39 weeks let alone 12 weeks can they? My midwife told me to expect DD to be above 10 lb and she was actually 8 lb 12 oz. I mean how big is a 12 week old fetus?

Beansmum Tue 08-Mar-05 12:24:00

a 12 week old fetus is about this............................big! no idea how you would tell if it is massive or not.

Toothache Tue 08-Mar-05 12:36:35

Biglips - There is no way he could have, or would have put his fingers through her cervix and felt the bag of waters. So it can't be that. She MUST mean he felt her tummy and could feel the uterus, perhaps it's the uterus that is 'massive' rather than the actual baby??

That could mean excess fluid? I'm sure it's probably nowt to worry about and it'll be cleared up at her next scan.

Incidentally - I have a friend who got pg accidentally when she was 19. She didn't find out until she was 10wks pg and before that had been dabbling in illegal substances quite a lot!! Not recommended... but her baby was fine.

Toothache Tue 08-Mar-05 12:39:58

With my 2nd pregnancy I had blood and protein present in my urine at almost every antenatal appoinment! 6 course of antiB's for urinary tract infections!! Talk about peeing for Scotland!

HappyMumof2 Tue 08-Mar-05 12:53:53

Message withdrawn

jampots Tue 08-Mar-05 12:58:46

During a scan at 38 weeks I was told to expect a bigger baby weighing more than 8.5 lbs - she was 8 9.5 a week later but there was never an indication during normal scans that she was going to be big

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now