Talk

Advanced search

trousers too tight at only 6 weeks - got to at least 12 weeks previously before packing clothes away!!

(11 Posts)
froggy16 Wed 22-Oct-08 10:17:07

Hi everyone, I am 6+4 weeks into third pregnancy, and already my trousers are too tight to wear. My other symptoms are worse than previously aswell, morning sickness and tiredness 10 times worse. There are lots of twins in both mine and dp's families - should I be worried!!!

dinkystinky Wed 22-Oct-08 10:50:50

Dont worry! Your ab muscles are shot to pieces after 2 pregnancies and your body has gone into "she's pregnant I know what to do" mode. I was like this in my second pregnancy so count yourself lucky!

froggy16 Wed 22-Oct-08 10:57:07

Thanks dinkystinky! I'll probably start showing quicker this time round then!!

SixSpotBonfire Wed 22-Oct-08 10:58:49

I was like that with my third pregnancy, I was huge very early, and huge all the way through in fact! But it wasn't twins, just a rather large (9 lbs 6 oz) DS3!

2Helenback Wed 22-Oct-08 12:41:43

I had the same. Moved into maternity jeans under normal tops at about 7 weeks, then full on pregno gear as soon as had scan at 14 weeks and told everyone. The relief was huge as I'd still been wearing Trinny and Susannah stylee polo neck control pants at work in an attempt to hide the spread of my already not so tiny waistline!

It's frustrating as you feel a bit of a fraud without a prpoer bump, but comfort is much more important.

froggy16 Wed 22-Oct-08 13:27:57

I'm so glad it's not just me! A couple of people have commented on my weight gain at work, I just laughed it off!

melmamof3 Wed 22-Oct-08 13:57:50

I am into the last few weeks of my 3rd pregnancy, and I was big from the moment go. I'm sure I started showing as soon as I conceived!

I am 34 weeks, and measuring 37 weeks. On the plus side, its been my easiest pregnany, no horrific back pain like my last 2.

I think it goes with the territory.

parsleymad Fri 24-Oct-08 18:53:05

I'm 8wks with my 3rd and can't believe how quickly my clothes have gotten tight! Last time I made it to 12 wks before getting out the baggy wardrobe. Sickness not horrendous yet but 8-14wks is traditionally when it cranks up for me so I'm bracing myself. Nappping while ds2 naps has helped the tiredness. Lots of friends have told me that tiredness and sickness are worse with each successive pregnancy so don't be ordering the twin buggy just yet!

BabyBaby123 Fri 24-Oct-08 18:55:22

same here, i'm 14 weeks with my 3rd and have been massive for ages - i look at least 5 months gone, probably more!! the other day someone said to me 'long to go?' shock

NellyTheElephant Fri 24-Oct-08 19:36:08

It might just be early pg bloating though. I'm now 15 +2 with my 3rd and still very much in normal clothes with no real bump, but at 6 / 7 weeks I was absolutely huge and bloated. I couldn't believe how big my 'bump' was and I was panicking that it must be twins (it's not!) and got all my maternity clothes out from the attic, but it just seemed to fade away completely by 8 weeks or so (which of course made me v worried, until scan showed all fine).... you never know!

mumblemumhome4lunch Fri 24-Oct-08 23:39:25

I'm wk 15 of no3 and yep, felt fat much earlier and was desprate to get into maternity cloths ASAP !!

Found quite a few friends had guessed already when i started telling people.....oh well just have to accept everything gone very saggy and loose down there shock.

Must say, was v glad scan showed only one as twins fairly common on both sides for us too and yep, I'd been feeling sick (first time I've had that) and much more tired (maybe that's just having two under 4 already hmm)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now