Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

sorry, another heartburn question!

(12 Posts)
MorrisZapp Tue 21-Oct-08 19:41:24

When in pregnancy would you expect to get heartburn?

Is it caused by the big bump, or by pg hormones?

No1GruffaloHunter Tue 21-Oct-08 19:43:03

For me both...but much much worse due to the big bump.

HeathersMummy Tue 21-Oct-08 19:53:27

This is my second pregnancy and both times it's got worse the bigger my bump has got. I'm 30 weeks now and it's terrible sad

Minniethemoocher Wed 22-Oct-08 09:25:35

Only just got it at 38 weeks, with rather large bump.

mamaspanx Wed 22-Oct-08 09:55:50

i'm 20wks now (3rd dc) and it has started with a vengence, not just in the evening but a lot during the day and it really aches! it will be like this until the baby comes out now in my experience. also it doesn't matter what i eat or drink...its having something in my stomch that does it!

pinkblossom Wed 22-Oct-08 09:57:18

I really feel for you. I suffered terribly with heartburn with both pregnancies. Started about week 25 but was in agony by week 35 and had trouble sleeping.

EsmeWeatherwax Wed 22-Oct-08 09:59:35

I get it all the way through my pregnancies, although it gets much worse after 20 weeks or so.

1stMrsF Wed 22-Oct-08 13:26:08

It is both - I got it almost straight away, but my friend only has it now at 35 weeks. The hormones cause the muscle between your stomach and oesophagus to relax, letting acid out, the baby pushing on your stomach later on compounds the problem.

dan39 Wed 22-Oct-08 19:29:02

I have rennies in evey room; in the car; in my bag. They do give me relief. Mine has been throughout but worst after about 22 weeks. Gaviscon does not seem to work, oddly enough.

nicm Thu 23-Oct-08 20:16:28

i think i had heartburn from i found out i was pregnant lol(about 9 weeks)! tried rennie which worked for a while and then medicine from doctors which worked for a while and then nothing worked.

then i found fruitin tablets from the health store and they were great! i could eat curries and garlic, everything really and they still cured my heartburn. hth...i remember the pain well!

SammyBags Fri 24-Oct-08 16:20:18

I got it very early on but to be honest I did have stomach problems before. It's the hormones doing their stuff. Saying that now I've started to get baby pushing (29 weeks) so it's getting a lot worse!! xxx

shootfromthehip Fri 24-Oct-08 16:23:07

Had from about 20 weeks 1st time, 12 weeks second time. Mucogel from doc really helped. Nothing else seemed to take the edge off it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now