Talk

Advanced search

how soon will test be positive

(19 Posts)
memoo Tue 21-Oct-08 17:42:39

Hi, wonder if anyone knows the answers to these my question?

If I know that exact day I would have conceived (and believe me its quite easy to work out iykwim) It will have been 11th october, how many days after this would a pregnancy test show positive.

Had spotting last thursday (16th october) which i am taking to be implantation bleeding as no period yet.

Tested this morning and BFN sad am I testing too soon?

WorzselMummage Tue 21-Oct-08 17:51:51

Anything from 8 days onwards really, some people get a early BFP and others wont show untill their period should arrive or after.

fingers crossed for you

Flightattendant2 Tue 21-Oct-08 17:54:17

It depends when you ovulated. Do you know when that was?

memoo Tue 21-Oct-08 18:01:01

Worzsel do you mean 8 days after conception or 8 days after implantation?

Don't know when i ovulated really but think it was about 10th oct

TheOtherMaryPumpkins Tue 21-Oct-08 18:02:44

save your pennies( and sanity!!) and wait till at least 14dpo for a more accurate result.

WorzselMummage Tue 21-Oct-08 18:26:32

8 days after ovulation/conception. You start producing enough HGC to be picked up on tests witin a few days of implantation.

Tee2072 Tue 21-Oct-08 18:27:04

Even though the tests say they work as early as 5 days before your period is due, I have never heard of this actually working for a real live person!

I would wait until your period is due and then test, if you don't get it.

WorzselMummage Tue 21-Oct-08 18:29:40

it worked for me

very faint BFP at 8 dpo (6 days early) at the same time as having soem hideous implantation pains, proper line at 10 dpo.

memoo Tue 21-Oct-08 18:36:02

worzel, what do implantation pains feel like? are they like crampy pains?

WorzselMummage Tue 21-Oct-08 18:40:00

Mine were more painfull that normal crampy pains, mines were really quite sharp. I have nevr had them in previous pregnancies though and i should say that my last pregnancy didnt show up on a test till 15dpo so the fact that your getting bfns now doesnt mean anything

memoo Tue 21-Oct-08 18:44:07

I was getting pains, on the right side and down below blush sometimes they were quite sharp was a bit paramoid that it meant something was wrong as i have had an ectopic in the past but now i am wondering if it was implantation pains?

WorzselMummage Tue 21-Oct-08 18:46:43

could be, fingers crossed !

spicemonster Tue 21-Oct-08 18:50:51

Can I advise that you wait until your period is due?

I heard a really sad programme on the radio the other day saying that those very early tests can sometimes detect what's called a chemical pregnancy which is when the egg has fertilised but doesn't embed for whatever reason so you have a period as normal. The doctors they interviewed said they were very concerned that as these events are extremely common early testing will distress women because they'll think they're pregnant when they aren't really.

memoo Tue 21-Oct-08 18:50:56

and toes crossed too smile

spicemonster Tue 21-Oct-08 19:16:28

But I cross my fingers and toes for you

memoo Tue 21-Oct-08 20:20:05

thanks spice smile

memoo Wed 22-Oct-08 12:24:15

got my period this morning at work of all places, i'm gutted, came home for my lunch so i could have a cry sad

CS7 Wed 22-Oct-08 15:10:10

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))
Its gutting isn't it? Something anyone who hasn't ttc'ed will never understand.
Hang in there hun, makes you appreciate it even more when you finally get your bfp

WorzselMummage Wed 22-Oct-08 15:14:55

Aww Bugger

Fingers crossed the witch isn't too horrid and for sucess next month.

((hugs))

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now