Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

14 Weeks & in limbo, can anyone honestly feel their uterus?? OH Qs Qs Qs!

(6 Posts)
broodymom Tue 21-Oct-08 12:15:17

Hi all another Q to ask! blush Can anyone feel their uterus? i have been trying for ages and not even a hint! i'm no skinny minny but surely theres something to feel. Everthing was ok at my 12 week scan but now i'm worrying myself that maybe baby has stopped growing. Ms is settled down to mornings only now and not too unbearable so appart from that i dont really feel pg and feel kind of in limbo. Does anyone else feel like this or am i going mad!

BabyBaby123 Tue 21-Oct-08 14:32:22

I can feel mine but have been able to for a while - I am (or was, rather) slim though.
If all was well at your 12 week, I'm sure it still is - the middle bit does feel a bit weird as you are between the horrible first trimester sickness/tiredness and the kicking!

BabyBaby123 Tue 21-Oct-08 14:32:39

meant to say, i'm 13 weeks smile

emma2617 Tue 21-Oct-08 15:06:30

broody I couldnt feel mine until about 17 weeks...but that could be as i wasnt feeling in the right place! As it got nearer my belly button it got a lot easier to find!!! An even though I could feel top of uterus at my belly button at 19/20 weeks...exactly where it should be...I was still bricking it at my 20 week scan!

I dont think you will stop worrying until baby is born...Im pretty sure I wont as im now 20+3 and despite only seeing bambino on friday i am worried again!!

1wish Tue 21-Oct-08 15:16:34

Hi broodymom, i've just created a thread because my midwife is saying my uterus is too large and high for dates (I'm 13 weeks) and I'm further on than I possibly can be. (Therefore you would think my 13 week uterus is quite large) But I swear down I keep feeling for it and honestly all I can feel is abit of podge, certainly no 'ridge' or anything else so I really wouldn't worry that you can't feel yours, cos I certainly can't feel mine grin

And as for fewer symptoms, welcome to the club, I was overjoyed to finally get some morning sickness at week 10 but even thats mostly gone now hmm

broodymom Tue 21-Oct-08 15:47:00

Thanks everyone, i honestly thought after my 12 week scan i would feel great and i did for a couple of days but now i'm back to worrying all over again blush Emma i think i will feel the same at my 20 week scan! i have an antenatal appt next tues (i'll be 15+3) my first since i was 7 weeks so i havent seen a mw (except scan appt) for a proper chat about things hoping i feel better once i actually see her and discuss some stuff.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: