Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

So today MS hit with a vengeance

(6 Posts)
Tee2072 Tue 21-Oct-08 07:43:55

although I managed to not hurl, GO ME!

Anyway, what's your favourite way to combat it? Toast seemed to have worked, but waiting for it to actually go from bread to toast was a loooong wait!

I know people say ginger, but I don't really like ginger all that much. Are there any other tried and true remedies?

TheHedgeWitch Tue 21-Oct-08 09:29:24

Message withdrawn

1stMrsF Tue 21-Oct-08 10:13:54

Nothing works. wink
But somethings ease it for several minutes at a time!
My favourites at the moment: Nairns stem ginger oat biscuits and a cup of weak tea with sugar before I get out of bed.
Banana and/or more biscuits on the train to work.
Pear drops whenever a wave of nausea hits.
Eating any of the following little and often: toasted crumpets, ham & cheese sandwiches, hot chocolate, cheese & crackers, salt & vinegar crisps.

Avoid like the plague anything that makes you feel sick - I cannot eat any fruit except bananas and very little veg, but the Pregnacare will have to see me through for a while!

Try wandering around the supermarket to spot anything that you fancy to eat. Try not to plan meals in advance - you might not want to eat them when it comes to it, and try not to plan to do anything where you have to be perky e.g. ban morning meetings at work.

Hang in there one day at a time. I am now 10 weeks and the last 4 have felt like a lifetime, but I have got through them!

mumof2andabit Tue 21-Oct-08 14:25:28

Havingjust chucked up my lunch the second I finished I feel your pain. With ds a health food shop ginger cake was a miracle. I'm not keen on ginger either. Also as gross as it sounds macdonalds breakfast burgers do me the world of good.

Tee2072 Tue 21-Oct-08 14:31:45

Thanks everyone. It seems to truly be only in the mornings right now, as I feel fine and its 2:30!

My real problem is that I am diabetic and so I can't just run and eat something, I have to think about it!

Tee2072 Tue 21-Oct-08 14:32:32

And I forgot to say, this morning my husband got between me and my finished toast and I almost killed him, LOL. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now