Talk

Advanced search

If the sonographer 'guessed' sex without really checking is he right??

(2 Posts)
minxi Tue 21-Oct-08 07:10:54

Hi had my 20 week scan and at the end the sonographer left me and dh in the room whilst he went to prepare report.
We weren't sure whether to find out or not about the sex but when he came back, I asked him if he had seen what sex it was, he said he hadn't really looked but if he had to guess would say it was possibly a boy... do you think he would definitely know... I still think its a girl, Dh reckons definitely a boy now (otherwise he wouldn;t have said) - have 2 DS already so almost likely to be another boy!... can they really say without really knowing...Thanks!

I guess that sonographers would see without looking, if you know what I mean. It sounds like he noticed in passing that it looked like a boy, but did not have a good look to make sure.

In my experience, sonographers do not normally say anything unless they are pretty sure. My gynae told me that she was very careful as she once had a patient who went home and painted the nursery pink and it was a boy after all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now