Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to feel flutters of the bay in early pregnancy?

(7 Posts)
SweetBROODY Mon 20-Oct-08 18:25:59

I have felt things since very early on.. a bit confused as to what I could be feeling.. Its a fluttery hum.. and I find it resassuring.. but could it be nothing?

LadySanders Mon 20-Oct-08 18:27:02

it's probably wind... sorry!

LadyOfRoffle Mon 20-Oct-08 18:27:11

First time I felt it from 16 weeks. It was actually later I think 2nd time!

LadySanders Mon 20-Oct-08 18:35:18

exactly same for me, 16 weeks with ds1, waaaay later with ds2

SweetBROODY Mon 20-Oct-08 18:41:41

But if it were wind I would have felt it before as wind? Dunno - Its only since the pregnancy...

LadySanders Mon 20-Oct-08 19:02:00

nope, i never felt wind at any time other than pregnancy, i guess its because as your uterus enlarges there is less space for other internal organs. if its fluttery bubbly feelings close to surface of skin, then it does feel similar to when the baby moves, but is still probably wind.

how many weeks are you?

you can work out how high your womb is in relation to your belly button, which will give you an idea of whether it may be baby or not, if its close to your belly button and you're only 3 months, then its wind...

on other hand, its all part of being pregnant so celebrate it if its making you feel good!

SweetBROODY Mon 20-Oct-08 19:18:15

Its much lower... I'm 8.5 weeks gestation so 10 and half weeks? its kind of where my tubes would be I guess :S

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now