Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity pay help pls.....

(9 Posts)
wellbalanced Mon 20-Oct-08 16:39:43

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will try to explain my situation as simply as i can but i don understand it so im confused at the thought of it!!!!!
I am a nanny with 2 two day a week jobs, i am also 15weeks pregnant.

I am due to be made redundant in one of my positions around christmas... My question is....
At what point (in weeks) is my Maternity pay worked out (ie the 90% bit)

Does that make sense??? Hope so....

Also if for example its worked out at 25wk and they want me till 20wk is there anything i can do to make up the short fall, if my mat pay is worked out on 2days works it will be peanuts (similar to smp) but just was hoping for abit more for 1st 6wk

Thanks in advance

CantSleepWontSleep Mon 20-Oct-08 16:48:35

Do you work as self employed, or employed? I'm guessing employed, in which case I can't see how you could do anything to make up the shortfall, as you will be getting 90% of your salary at the time

wellbalanced Mon 20-Oct-08 16:56:39

Yes im employed, but i was asking at how many weeks is the calculation made then i can twist my bosses arm if the dates are similar!
For example-
If its 25wk and they were thinking of letting me go at 23wk then they would keep me on, if its 30 week i have less of a chance...
A friend said she was sure her friend in similar position paid tax and Ni to cover... Its all a minefield to me..

twinklytoes Mon 20-Oct-08 20:14:53

put a call out for flowerybeanbag in the employment section, she'll tell you all you need to know.

Jools1 Mon 20-Oct-08 20:46:38

I think it is 15 weeks before your due date

flynn1984 Mon 20-Oct-08 21:06:40

Hiya

I know in my workplace (Inverclyde Council) you need to have 26 weeks continous service before the 15th week of commencment before your entitled to the Occupational Maternity Pay which is usually your 90%. You will get Statutory Maternity Pay either through your work or through the benefits agency which is around #118.
Been a while since I've worked in HR and not sure what the entitlements are in any other places, just what I know for my local Council.

Hope this helps and if i'm wrong anywhere please let me know!

Laura x

melmamof3 Mon 20-Oct-08 22:53:03

I got made redundant in August, was in my 26 week. My (ex) work have to pay me my FULL maternity pay entitlement from when I stated I was going to start my maternity leave. So this means I wwill still be getting paid by them until June next year, even though I was made redundant in August, as I'd already put my maternity notice in before made redundant (if that makes sense).

If you are made redundant in your last 15 weeks, then your work have to pay you what you are entitled to.

Hop that helps a bit.

melmamof3 Mon 20-Oct-08 22:54:22

Forgot to add, the earliest you can start maternity leave is 29 weeks

wellbalanced Tue 21-Oct-08 14:54:45

Thank you ive directed it over there.....

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now