Talk

Advanced search

Oh Dear, think I might be pregnant and all the daft thoughts keep springing to mind...

(21 Posts)
mamadiva Mon 20-Oct-08 07:45:37

Hmm yes as I said I have a few pregnancy symptoms and am getting slightly unnerved by it!

Have painful breasts, stomach feels a bit bloated(was a sign last time at 5 weeks!), always tired and am not sleeping comfortably at all!

I know they might sound daft but its all things I had last time! I havent done a test or anything so should go buy one today to prove myself right or wrong!

Oh god at the moment it wouldnt be great timing as we are skuint and my DS (2.4YO) is very demanding but if baby is there then nothing I am willing to do about it.

Oh god it sounds daft but last night I was lying in bed thinking about it and I couldnt bring myself to tell DP but he would be the same as me, if I am then just get on with it.

mamadiva Mon 20-Oct-08 07:55:12

Not much to reply to is there?

Sorry just had to vent at someone! Am absolutely bricking it has anyone else concieved whilst using the Implanon implant?

Oh dear honestly I was sitting earlier saying oh I have thi s, this and this so wont need to buy that, now should I have a twin or single buggy? I am bloody odd, think my coping thigy is to move on as quick as and sort it, problem in this case obv is that I've started sirting a problem that might not be there ARGH!

piratecat Mon 20-Oct-08 07:57:31

You are being realistic!! You just need to get to the shop and get a test.

Life is so unpredictable, and i hope that it turns out the way you want.

mamadiva Mon 20-Oct-08 08:12:53

Thanks Piratecat TBH Im not sure what Iwant it to be!

I know we could cope either way, we are not in a great financial place at the moment but who is! We did say when DS was born we'd try for another when he was about 3 then we changed too not wanting another because we just have a lot of prblems with DS sleeping and eating so we both got really stressed but nothing much we can do about any of it just have to get on with it!

ClaudiaSchiffer Mon 20-Oct-08 09:00:54

Mamadiva, go to the shops sweetie. How late are you? You will cope if you are pg again. DS will be just over 3 when new bub is born, which is a good age gap. He will have settled a bit more and you and dh will be fine. Trust me grin.

Go on now off you pop smile

mamadiva Mon 20-Oct-08 09:50:27

Claudia am not late, I dont tend to have periods due to having the Implanon contraceptive implant.

Its just the tiredness, bloatedness and painful breasts that have me thinking as thats exactly the same as last time.

This is soo sad but DS has been asleep for the last 30 mins so am waiting till after lunch to go into town for pg test. Am actually warming to the idea now I have to say. Ive been sitting thinking about blardy prams, buggyboards and all sorts of crap!

Although the baby jogger city I have always l;iked LOL Prmaholic honestly! Think its partially nerves distracting myself (sort of) IYKWIM.

Antdamm Mon 20-Oct-08 09:54:19

OMG i 2 have the implant in my arm and i hav been feeling all the signs of pg. I have had the implant 4 3yrs and it expired just last week, I started having the symptoms a week or two before it expired though. I am also skint and dp wants to wait til we hav money b4 having dc2. I have ordered a test off the net and am just waiting on postie.

How long hav you had the implant?

Good luck

mamadiva Mon 20-Oct-08 09:59:42

Antdamm I have had the implant for 2 years last Thursday (only remember as was day before my birthday). How are you about it all? Im a bit up and down really trying to think positive, I wasnt sure about having another DC but sure we'll be fine you just have to cope dont you? How old is your LO?

I shouldnt really be thinking about it as now will be gutted if negative I think. But it couldve happened at better times TBH but heyho.

Antdamm Mon 20-Oct-08 10:07:01

My ds is 3yrs. I would be quite happy with another, i think my dp and i would cope. Thankfully, if we are, we hav 9mths to sort ourselves out. I havent mentioned any of this to my dp yet, not sure wat he will say.

With your implant, did u go in regularly for checks??

I havent actually had mine taken out yet, but i was told you are supposed to go in for regular checks, including pg tests. I havent seen my doc about my implant since it was put in 3yrs ago!!

mamadiva Mon 20-Oct-08 10:10:46

OMG I could be talking to myself speaking to you honestly except my DS is nearly 2.5YO LOL.

Not mentioned to DP either but hopefully he will be okay I think he will be the same as me if its happened its happened deal with it!

Ive never seen my doc about my implant either.

Antdamm Mon 20-Oct-08 10:16:10

How long hav you been feeling like you might be pg??
How long are you going to wait to test?
Im hoping the postie brings mine this morning, so i can get it out of the way - so to speak.

mamadiva Mon 20-Oct-08 10:20:35

Its just been about a week or 2 Ive been thinking but at first I dismissed the idea just thinking I might have been gettuing (a rare) period.

But nw its been a while Im going to do it today will go into town after lunch with DS and grab one.

Niecie Mon 20-Oct-08 10:26:55

You need to test or you will drive yourself batty and possibly for no reason.

Your DS will change a lot in the next 9 mths (I wouldn't bother with a double buggy for a 3 yr old btw) so although he may be hard work now he will be a different child by the time the baby is born. My two have a 3 yr 2 mth gap and they get on really well. I wouldn't want it any bigger tbh.

As for being skint, there is never a perfect time to have a baby and how much money is enough? You will find a way - I bet you have a lot of the stuff you need and the rest you can sort out as and when.

Just go and do the test and put us all out of our misery.grin

mamadiva Mon 20-Oct-08 10:30:09

I know I know sorry but I need to wait in till after lunch! Have someone coming round to fix blardy washing machine!

TheHedgeWitch Mon 20-Oct-08 12:10:33

Message withdrawn

NutterlyUts Mon 20-Oct-08 13:42:33

Any news?

Antdamm Mon 20-Oct-08 15:13:20

hey mamadiva!!

You are leaving us hanging here in suspense

mamadiva Mon 20-Oct-08 18:45:22

Hi all

Just on for a moment! Did a test earlier...

and it was negative! Not sure how I feel about it but heyho what can you do.

Anyway thanks for all your help earlier and will be back later x

Antdamm Mon 20-Oct-08 19:13:25

Hey Mamadiva,

My comiserations/congratulations.
I still feel like im pg, so will test wen test comes (hopefully 2moro) and let u know.

mamadiva Mon 20-Oct-08 19:47:46

Thanks Antdamm hope you get what your looking for tomorrow and let me know how you get on.

Antdamm Tue 21-Oct-08 09:32:02

Well.....

I woke up this morning to discover that AF had arrived - been over two years since i had a visit!! Was convinced i was pg, but clearly am not.

Thanks for your support

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now