Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

could I ask for a bit of advice for my SIL 2b please

(3 Posts)
lucysmam Sat 18-Oct-08 19:25:52

She is about 8 weeks pg with her 1st baby but has had a mc before.

For the past 2 weeks now she has been violently ill & unable to keep any food down. She has been admitted to hospital for the second time today so they can carry out further tests & keep an eye on her at least until tomorrow.

I am going to see her tomorrow & she wanted me to ask if anyone knows whether, if the mother is constantly ill, the hospital are likely to keep her in for the full 9 months? Or is she being overly pessimistic about the whole thing?

Anyone any advice or experience of this sort of thing would be grateful for anything you could tell me, even if it is that they may well keep her in.

TIA smile

cass66 Sat 18-Oct-08 19:37:53

she's unlikely to need to be kept in for the entire 9 months. hyperemesis (excessive vomiting) usually eases after 12-14 weeks (though I'm sure there are people on here who will say otherwise!). Some people are in and out but not in constantly. unless there are other problems.

Is it twins???

Wish her good luck.

lucysmam Sat 18-Oct-08 19:55:04

I don't think so, they did a scan last time she was in & as far as we know there's only one.

At least I'll be able to go with something positive to tell her & keep fingers crossed she's not in and out constantly!

Thanks cass66 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now