Talk

Advanced search

All out of sorts

(4 Posts)
Gawain Sat 18-Oct-08 19:17:52

In my last pregnancy I started bleeding at 11 weeks and after loads more complications went on to have dd three months early.
I'm 13 weeks today and started bleeding this morning.
DH is out and my mums in another country and I just wanted a shoulder to wail on so I'm using MNs virtual shoulder.
I hate the not knowing, the is that slight ache in my stomach just growing pains or is it signs of something worse.
DH wasn't being very supportive earlier as he didn't really want another after the hell of last time and he said from the beginning he can't face me going through that again. Being male it hasn't gone in that the alternative option (losing it) would be more of a hell to watch me go through. I'm trying not to make him sound callous because he's not but it is feeling very lonely at the moment not knowing.
Do you think if I phone the mw on monday she'll get me a scan organised?

LackaDAISYcal Sat 18-Oct-08 19:26:17

CAn you call the hospital or community midwives now?

or if you went to A&E would they be able to scan you?

If you are happy to wait till Monday, then of course your MW will arrange a scan, or is there an EPU that you can do a self referral to.

Sorry your DH seems unsupportive, but he is probably going through his own private hell after your expereince the last time.

So sorry you are going through this (why do these things always happen ant weekends?) and fingers crossed that all is well.

Take Care and rest up.

xx

Gawain Sat 18-Oct-08 19:45:34

I can't get to A&E at the moment and the sensible side of me can't justify the panic of sorting it as I don't think theres much they can do.
My notes say before 20 weeks phone the gp which is a fat lot of good. As you say...weekend.
I think I'll go to bed and phone the mw in the morning. There has to be one on call after all and see what she says.
The aches worse so I'm not feeling positive and even sadder because I know theres no other chance of another one if this isnt to be.

LackaDAISYcal Sat 18-Oct-08 23:10:09

sorry i missed you earlier gawain.

I hope things are OK for you, and please do call the CMW team in the morning.

I hope you get a decent rest tonight.

Take care and let me know how you get on smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now