Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please Help !! Could I Be Pregnant?

(20 Posts)
justwandering Fri 17-Oct-08 13:15:40

Sorry I expect you get annoying people posting this all the time but I really need some help.

I'm two days late for my period but I'm getting period like stomach cramps. Last week I was feeling sick all week and when I was going to the toilet, the was like (sorry this bit is a bit gross) browny blood. I've also been going to the toilet quite often which a friend of mine told me happened to her when she was pregnant. I took a test a day before I was due on (didn't realise you had to be late to take a test!) and it was negative though.

Am I just being parnoid or are these symptoms?

If so what should I do?

Thanks for your time x

littleboo Fri 17-Oct-08 13:17:10

I'd take another test in a few days time

It's always possible if you have had sex recently. It's also possible that your worrying about it is making your period late.

The only way to be sure is to go and get another test.

Are you ok?

There are hundreds of symptoms for pregnancy - a lot of which also happen when you've got your period just to make it nice and complicated smile

Sore boobs, feeling sick and feeling tired are probably the most common ones, needing to pee more often is one too I'm afraid. Not forgetting the missed period.

The blood could have been an implantation bleed (which can happen when the egg attached itself to the walls of your uterus) or it could have been an early, light period.

There's no way to be sure without a test. If you last did one a few days ago, then go and get another one now.

justwandering Fri 17-Oct-08 13:27:57

thanks for replying so quickly!

I don't know really - I feel really emotional. I'm feeling strange cos on the one hand I would really like to have a baby but on the other there's so much to worry about and I'm really not ready ...! Thanks for asking though.

I might go and get another test in a minute, I guess it would work if I did it today wouldn't it?

justwandering Fri 17-Oct-08 13:29:13

Just read your second message - okay I'm going to go and get one. I've got no money in my bank though so I'll go overdrawn but it's worth it for peice of mind !

Thanks btw you've been really helpful

Good luck, let us know the result!

CS7 Fri 17-Oct-08 13:57:29

Hi Justwandering- I don't know if anyone is ever ready to have a baby. I know from my SIL who went into huge panic overdrive at 38 weeks despite being married for 4 years and plannign the pregnancy for as long!

When abby arrived, she was/is a fantastic mum.

I would second what youknownothing said..

Let us know the result please smile

CS7 is exactly right about never being ready grin

I've just found out I'm pregnant with my 3rd, and even though we had been trying for years for another it is still a huge shock (a nice one) and is throwing my life into turmoil.

Any news yet?

CS7 Fri 17-Oct-08 16:07:45

I know... justwandering, where are you? Tell us quick! Someone getting their bfp always gives me a good feeling smile

justwandering Fri 17-Oct-08 16:31:58

hey sorry I've just come back from college (I'm eighteen btw).

my boyfriend is bringing round a test in a few minutes so I'll let you all know.

thanks to all of you for advice and stuff, you've made me feel so much better.

x

justwandering Fri 17-Oct-08 16:33:05

what's 'bfp' btw? just wondering x

I was your age when I had my first. Very much unplanned and very much a shock. But... I didn't let it stop me from doing what I wanted, we just did it together. At 20 I went off to Uni - as I always knew I would - still had a great time, but also had someone to work for.

It gave me a purpose. It is certainly never the end of the world and should never hold you back from following your dreams.

Either way, positive or negative, life is (as always) what you make of it.

bfp = a postive result on the test

justwandering Fri 17-Oct-08 16:48:55

ohmygod I'm so glad you just said that because if I am pregnant I really do want to go to Uni as I've planned and it makes me feel so much better than someone else has been in (potentially) the same position as me.

I was really nervous blush at saying my age I don't know why I just thought people might think I was just a silly little girl but you've been really nice.

I just wish my boyfriend would hurry up and get here so I can find out either way.

CS7 Fri 17-Oct-08 16:49:44

Sorry JW- bfp stands for big fat positive.
As youknownothing said, it may be easier when you have a kid early to just sit back and take the benefits- not try to make a go of things.... or it may be a wonderful motivator.
When I was at Uni, I had a classmate who had a child. I used to envy & respect her as somehow, I felt her life was more 'complete' and 'meaningful' than mine was.

As long as you & your DP (dear partner) love each other and are determined, you'll be just fine.

Back to your original question.. if you are, you ahve to go and see your gp and let them know, they'll arrange everything from there.

CS7 Fri 17-Oct-08 16:53:57

Again JW- at 18, you are an adult. There are many people who have babies at 35 and mess it up. Just as there are many great teenage mums. The incompetent teenage mum thing is an ignorant stereotype and is quickly reversed upon meeting a teenager who's a fantastic mum.

I'm off in a little bit but i truly wish you all the best.
x

There are always judgemental arses out there, but in my humble opinion as long as you take responsibility for all your own actions and decisions in life you are always doing the right thing.

I'm not saying it's not hard, sometimes you do have to put in that extra effort to get what you want: But it's worth it. Never let anyone tell you you can't do something if you have a baby, it just means they would be too cowardly to do it themselves.

It is not something I would have chosen. Nor is it something I regret. It's a funny old thing. grin

I echo CS7 - being a mum is what you put into it, it has nothing to do with your age, how much money you have, where you live, it is completely down to you and the effort you put into it.

Whatever the result, you will be fine.

justwandering Fri 17-Oct-08 17:25:02

well I've done two tests and both are negative.

I guess I'm happy - it's for the best, I didn't realise I would feel oddly disappointed.

That's normal too.

If you still don't have your period in a few days do another test.

It is for the best. As I said, I would never recommend doing things the way round I did them, but it was worth it grin

Hope you're ok, you're allowed to feel disappointed. But there is more than enough time in the future. Wait 'til after Uni - that's my advice smile

If you need to talk more then drop in any time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now