Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

3/5 engaged@ 36 weeks,, how much longer to go??

(5 Posts)
Shelli08 Wed 15-Oct-08 20:27:35

Hi can anyone remember roughly how long they gave birth after being 3/5 engaged? i think im secretly hoping it wont be much longer now!!

Twelvelegs Wed 15-Oct-08 20:31:58

It makes no difference I'm afraid, especially with a first baby as they engage pretty early. sorry.

artichokes Wed 15-Oct-08 20:32:37

I was 3/5 for about 8 weeks with first baby. Its very normal. Sorry!

Minniethemoocher Wed 15-Oct-08 20:41:13

With my first baby I was fully engaged at 32 weeks, she arrived 10 days over due. 37 weeks with 2nd baby and s/he is in a transverse lie.

Heartmum2Jamie Thu 16-Oct-08 12:12:15

I certainly would not get excited at 3/5, it means the midwife can feel 3/5ths of the baby's head, 2/5ths is in the pelvic brim. Plus, if it's your first baby (which I suspect it is), babys tend to engage much earlier. My ds1 was pretty much fully engaged from 35 weeks and he came at 41w+1d....sorry! My ds2 didn't engage at all until labour and this baby (due in 13 days) can't make up his mind, sometimes he is 4/5ths (1/5 engaged), other times he's swinging in the breeze!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: