Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

a weird tendon style click

(3 Posts)
fernie3 Wed 15-Oct-08 20:19:40

hi
I am 21 weeks pregnant, for the last 2 or 3 weeks if i move in a certain way (i.e sit up from lying down or bend over to pick something up) I get a sort of flicking or clicky feeling on one side of the top of my tummy.
the only thing I can compare it to is sort of the feel you get sometimes if you click a tendon wierdly - not damage it just move it funny. it doesnt hurt but it is very unpleasant!

does anyone have any idea what it is?
this is my third pregnancy and i have never had it before

sophie

misi Wed 15-Oct-08 21:39:29

the body loosens tendons when you are pregnant as I am sure you know. each time you are pregnant and the older you get the looser they will become. the rib tendons are loosened so your lungs can expand more and maybe to accommodate your expanding womb. it is always best to see a doctor to be on the safe side though and just to check there is nothing else to it (thats not meant to alram you, thats me being ultra safe like I am with any pregnant lady I have dealings with!!)

fernie3 Thu 16-Oct-08 07:46:09

thanks I have a consultant appointment on Tuesday next week I will ask about it then. The only problem is how to describe it right!

Sophie

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: