Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Indigestion

(10 Posts)
spilla Sat 05-Mar-05 22:04:01

Please, please any advice? spent most of last night sitting propped up in bed with bad indigestion, thought it was a one off as not really had it before, not in first pregnancy either. Feels like I have flames rising in the back of my throat!! Just started again, took two Gaviscon tablets - but after last night I know they are not going to work. Any suggestions for a peaceful night as absolutely shattered??

CountessDracula Sat 05-Mar-05 22:08:18

gaviscon EXTRA liquid stuff

The only solution!

vict17 Sat 05-Mar-05 22:09:40

you can get it on prescription so it's free!!

spilla Sat 05-Mar-05 22:14:50

Thanks for that, due at Antenatal on Monday will ask midwife.

SPARKLER1 Sat 05-Mar-05 22:22:37

I was prescribed Gaviscon liquid when I was pregnant too. Only thing I can suggest for now is mints and to sip lots of water.

CountessDracula Sat 05-Mar-05 22:23:49

but do make sure is not just normal gaviscon liquid. Has to be extra

CountessDracula Sat 05-Mar-05 22:24:17

You can buy it in a chemist, no need to wait until monday

CrazyDi Sat 05-Mar-05 22:38:51

I have had really awful heartburn in all 3 pregnancies and have found rennie chewy tablets and absolute godsend!! They are the only thing that work well for me...but not presription..but they dont cost alot and last a while too!!

jambot Sun 06-Mar-05 06:41:51

Gaviscon Extra sort of works for me. But get the peppermint, not the aniseed flavour. I bought a big bottle of it and it is disgusting! Have to hold my nose while taking it or I think I'm going to throw up!

Hanlou007 Mon 07-Mar-05 09:18:10

I use american ginger ale and now also find that warm milk really helps....i have found these better the rennie or Gaviscon as they wasnt really doing much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now