Talk

Advanced search

OH MY GOD

(15 Posts)
lulabellarama Tue 14-Oct-08 14:45:44

I'm actually going to have another teeny, tiny person to look after!
I know that sounds rather obvious but I just had a massive flash of realisation that at te end of this pregnancy (currently 18 weeks) I am actually going to have a baby again.

It's very exciting.

Am I insane or has anyone else had theses moments of clarity?

MadameCheese Tue 14-Oct-08 14:47:20

Yes! Good luck!

MadameCheese Tue 14-Oct-08 14:48:00

Not about being insane btw!

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Tue 14-Oct-08 14:48:15

I remember when pregnant with DS2 I suddenly stopped and thought "f&&&! I'm going to have to give birth again!"

hambo Tue 14-Oct-08 14:49:53

It's not quite hit me yet...(22 weeks)
But then I 'm still not sure how my 2 yr old got here grin

lulabellarama Tue 14-Oct-08 14:50:00

I went through my pregnancy with DS in a bit of a fog as it was unplanned and I was quite young. This time feels like the first time I'm actually being responsible and have CHOSEN to go through all the good, bad and ugly stuff again.

MrsMattie Tue 14-Oct-08 14:50:31

Not just you@lula

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and keep looking at the moses basket we have got down from the loft and thinking 'So there is actually going to be a baby in there soon. Like, really.' grin

lulabellarama Tue 14-Oct-08 14:51:07

hambo, I often look at my beautiful 5 year old boy and think 'How on earth did I create you?'. In the nicest possible way.

hambo Tue 14-Oct-08 14:52:07

At least you are in the 'good' middle bit...that is coming to an end for me and about to enter the full-of-baby- stage, waddling and creaking all over the place..

hambo Tue 14-Oct-08 14:53:17

Yes, it is strange. They are such little 'people'; I often feel like I have borrowed my DS....

lulabellarama Tue 14-Oct-08 14:55:23

That's true, I feel pretty 'normal' at the moment. I think my moment of clarity came about as I've recently started feeling the baby move. I HAVE A PERSON IN MY TUMMY.

grin

hambo Tue 14-Oct-08 15:47:37

I know...aaargh!

SammyBags Tue 14-Oct-08 15:53:28

Mine is moving so much now and I still find it hard to beleive. When I look in catalogues and see baby pics I still can't quite believe that I'm creating one as we speak! Only 12 weeks till I meet him/her though. xxx

jumpingbeans Tue 14-Oct-08 15:58:29

I was very young when i had ds, and i remember looking down at this huge bump, and thinking, oh fuck, this has got to come out somehow...shock, i had to sit down

PinkTulips Tue 14-Oct-08 16:03:14

bought babygors in lidl today and had the same sudden realisation when i took them out of the packets and saw how small they were.

am 24 weeks tomorrow so at least it dawned on you a bit sooner!

congrats and good luck btw smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now