Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Keep getting numb legs for no apparent reason

(5 Posts)
PinkTulips Tue 14-Oct-08 14:24:49

my thighs keep going dead at random points in the day, often when i'm standing or walking but also sometimes when i'm sitting.

just dead, like when you've sat on you bum too long and it goes numb. i don't get pins and needles and the sensation tends to come back after about 10 mins.

finding it quite bizarre and i'm not even sure it's pregnancy related but does anyone have any idea what it could be and whether i should mention it to the gp when i see her next?

ManxMum Tue 14-Oct-08 14:39:59

sciatica?

PinkTulips Tue 14-Oct-08 16:21:26

i have back problems but the physio didn't call it sciatica, she seemed to think it was muscular due to posture and i've been doing excercises which improve it yet the numb legs thing is getting worse

NewYearNewBaby Tue 14-Oct-08 19:51:55

I've been having this for a couple of months now. I find if I'm standing for more than about 5 mins without moving my legs, the top of my thigh on the right side goes dead (like you said it feels like its 'gone to sleep'). Usually moving around gets rid of it but it really is irriating. I asked one of my MW's about it and she said the baby will be sitting on a nerve (at the time baby was lying to the right side so that ties in - although no idea where the baby is now!!). I'm currently 35 weeks by the way, so baby is certainly big enough to cause nerve problems.

Have to say that I'm glad I'm not the only one, as I've been starting to think it could be sciatica or some other related problem.

PinkTulips Tue 14-Oct-08 21:05:17

sounds like a plausible explanation, thanks NYNB. (also glad to know it's not just me as it's been driving me mad and i was starting to panic a bit!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now