Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What should heart rate be of 8 week foetus?

(17 Posts)
fanjolina Tue 14-Oct-08 12:11:15

We have picked up the heartbeat using a home doppler, and it is around 72 beats/minute. DH seems to think this is really show and should be higher. Does anyone know?

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Tue 14-Oct-08 12:12:22

oh pass. but OMG your doppler must be good. I know I picked up a hb at 9 weeks but I cant remember what it was either. Sorry what a crap answer

bronze Tue 14-Oct-08 12:13:11

Think thats your heartbeat

Dropdeadfred Tue 14-Oct-08 12:15:49

you have probbly picked up your own heartbeat through a major artery down near your pelvis

FlirtyThirty Tue 14-Oct-08 12:17:08

That's yours not baby's...

www.babyworld.co.uk/faq/individualfaq.asp?Section=Pregnancy&SubSection=Your+unborn+baby&query=&opt=& page=&question=78

mamakim Tue 14-Oct-08 12:17:25

Think it's usually over 120 bpm. I think it's yours you're picking up. Would imagine it's too early to pick up now.

LullyMummaOfOne Tue 14-Oct-08 12:43:35

I though a fetal heartbeat is only detected from 7-8 weeks by a scan, i thinks its way to early to hear it with a doopler! When i MC in July the GP said its not worth using s doopler as nothing will be picked up apart from my HB.

Sorry to say but i agree with the others, its probably yours you can hear.

fanjolina Tue 14-Oct-08 13:41:08

Well we thought that might be the case, but when we listen to my heart beat it is a different speed and different rhythm?

Oh well, if it is at least there is nothing to worry about on the baby front. Thanks everyone.

Dropdeadfred Tue 14-Oct-08 16:06:47

you could ne hearing the punding of bood returning to your heat....does it sound like a whoosh whoosh noise or a galloping horse kind of noise?

by the way I think 10 weeks is about the earliest you could find it with a doppler( if you are very slim)

mosschops30 Tue 14-Oct-08 16:10:18

this is why people shouldnt be able to buy equipment that is meant for professionals because it only causes worry. Why would you have a home doppler???

Dropdeadfred Tue 14-Oct-08 16:12:02

I had a home doppler...after having 6 mcs I found it comforting to be able to listen whenever I felt worried

SammyBags Tue 14-Oct-08 16:15:24

Sounds like your heartbeat! I agree with mosschops, these (heartbeat monitor things) really are being marketing by companies wanting to make money out of our anxiety - but should only be used by professionals.
can understand if you've had mcs but don't these piece of equipment use some kind of sonic technology which must be disturbing for the poor baby!

NorthernLurker Tue 14-Oct-08 16:15:58

I think people can find a doppler reassuring but with the caveat that you haven't been trained in using it and I'm sure a lot of people are listening to the sounds of their own body! Therefore if you have concerns about baby moving etc when you are nearer term whilst you might whip out your doppler you should also always be checked by a medical professional.

Dropdeadfred Tue 14-Oct-08 16:17:51

I never used mine past about 12-13 weeks anyway as once i had sen the scan I had passed my own 'problem time' and therefore didn't need thr reassurance...

fanjolina Tue 14-Oct-08 18:59:31

Well after 3 MCs this year Mosschops, it will be reassuring to hear the heartbeat.

fanjolina Tue 14-Oct-08 19:00:10

Dropdead - it is like a whoosh-whoosh noise that I am piking up

Dropdeadfred Tue 14-Oct-08 19:33:42

Fanjolina - that's definitely te sound of your blood pumping....the babies heart beat will sound like a galloping horse..

Good luck - it's magical when you find it!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now