Talk

Advanced search

I know i shouldn't moan but i'm feeling really down

(10 Posts)
mamakim Tue 14-Oct-08 11:23:58

I'm sick of feeling so ridiculously tired all the time. And nauseous all the time. I've had a constant headaches for a week. I feel so dizzy everytime i get up i have to hold on to something (low bp). I have a 14 month old who is driving me mad! My husband is away on business for 3 days. I don't have anyone to help and i just feel like crying. I'm sorry i'm being so pathetic! We're going on hols on fri for 5 days and i'm not even looking forward to it because i know i'll just feel the same but in another country.

twentynine Tue 14-Oct-08 11:26:02

Oh dear, I've been there, it's horrible but it does pass. You need to take rest as much as you can, eat a bit more to help keep yourself awake and try not to worry if everything is a mess and your toddler is being a little bugger. They do it anyway, you are just more conscious of it when you feel crap.

This will pass! Take paracetamol for the headaches though, there's no point in suffering and it won't harm the baby

Dropdeadfred Tue 14-Oct-08 11:26:25

sorry you're feeling bad - wo't your dh be on hols with you - if so at least you can rest and take things easy

I had increibly low BP last time and was told that getting dehydrated can make it much worse - so do keep sipping drinks even if you don't feel thirsty

kolakube Tue 14-Oct-08 11:27:54

Ahh, sounds crap. Sounds like hormones wafting about all over the place too. Are the headaches tension headaches do you think? Sometimes it's worth reporting them in pregnancy. Getting out of the house to even run the most trivial errand (buying chocolate for Mummy to make her feel better) often works for me.

FlirtyThirty Tue 14-Oct-08 11:32:47

Hello. I could have written your message.
I feel like sh*t too and then feel really guilty for having been so damn miserable for what seems like forever (well, at least the last 6 weeks!). I feel bad for DH who sees that I'm doing relatively little, smiling less and totally not up for sex. Trouble is I'm knackered, sick, sad and all these feelings that I NEVER thought I'd feel in pregnancy. I am SO ecstatic to be having a baby...but right now, I don't feel like I am. I just feel unwell. I somehow can't connect the two things.

As for you...holiday may help more that you think. Maybe chat to DP before you go and see if you can't arrange some time for him to do things with your DD whilst you catch up on sleep and have some quiet, 'me' time. It will also take you away form all the things you feel you 'ought' to do when you're at home - cook, clean, tidy etc. I hope you manage to feel better...but in the meantime don't worry about moaning...it's just the way it is...

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Tue 14-Oct-08 11:35:21

aww sorry you are feeling like crap and I do totally sympathise. Its no fun feeling like crap and looking after a small wriggly one too.
Hopefully you will have a fabby hols to make up for it

mamakim Tue 14-Oct-08 11:46:00

Thank you for the replies. Didn't expect any really! Thought people would think get over it, you're lucky to be pregnant! I'm only 10 weeks and i think because i'm not showing in my head i just feel like my dh thinks i'm lazy, which i'm sure he doesn't . He has a very stressful job and is having a hard time at work at the moment so i feel guilty that i'm so miserable when he gets home. Hopefully these symptoms will go in the next few weeks. I had symptoms with my ds but i never felt this unwell. The only way i can describe the headache is like a headcold headache without the cold. Like constant pressure. Would just like to sleep all the time.

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Tue 14-Oct-08 11:55:54

that sounds like sinus pain to me. you should go to your dr to make sure

moosemama Tue 14-Oct-08 12:30:12

mamakim, sorry you are feeling so bad. I was right where you are now a few weeks ago (am now 28+3) and I felt wretched too. It was a big shock as I was never that bad with my 2 DSs.

Agree about the sinus pain, might be an idea to try steaming your head with some childrens olbas or karvol - it really does help. Also have plenty of hot drinks, preferably not tea or coffee as the milk stifles the steam. I have hot blackcurrant or orange squash which is oddly comforting. I've had sinusitis 3 times since I got pregnant, the first time being in the middle of the first trimester.

I would also make an appointment with your GP as if it is your sinuses and you are flying anywhere on holiday the flight would be really painful.

Afraid my only other recommendation is to take the opportunity when your DS is asleep to have a long steamy bubble bath (not too hot, put the hot in first to steam the room up then the cold) as not only will it help you relax, it will also help your head.

Incidentally, I found out I am expecting a girl this time, I suspect that's why this pregnancy has been so much harder different. wink

Hope you are feeling better soon. smile

mamakim Tue 14-Oct-08 12:35:47

Thanks moosemama, that's good advice. I do wonder if i'm having a girl this time because the pregnancy is so different to how it was with my ds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now