Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

SMP - how does one claim it?

(4 Posts)
tostaky Mon 13-Oct-08 16:32:26

I'm working full time at the mo but i will start my mat leave in two weeks.

My work knows this but then who is paying SMP? work or the government?
Do I need to apply for it somewhere? is there a form to fill in?


MaryBS Mon 13-Oct-08 16:40:10

Have you officially notified your work when you are starting your mat leave (you have to give 4 weeks notice)? Have you handed in a Mat B1? If yes to both, then work should pay it automatically

titmouse Mon 13-Oct-08 17:43:05

it's paid by your employer who claims it back from the government. so as MaryBS says, as long as you have done your bit i.e MATB1 form handed in and given then 4 weeks notice of your last working day your payroll dept should already be on to it. It will get paid to you in the same way as your wages normally are.

tostaky Tue 14-Oct-08 07:44:27

yep ive done my bits... should be ok then! Thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: