Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stomach bug

(2 Posts)
francesrivis Mon 13-Oct-08 16:04:51

Hi, I'm 22+4 and woke up this morning with a horrible stomach bug. Have not kept down any solid food all day, although water and herbal tea seem to be OK. I normally have an iron stomach, so this is new to me! What I'm wondering is a) when do I need to worry (ie. call doctor or midwife)? b) would it be helpful, and is it safe, to take an electrolyte solution (can't get to chemist so it would have to be home made)? TIA

Seeline Tue 14-Oct-08 11:33:53

I wouldn't worry too much yet - these things usually only last for 24 hours or so. Try and keep up your fluids. Leave food for a while and tehn just dry oast or cream crackers later today. If you are still being ill tomorrow, give your mw a ring, but I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem. I don't know about the electrolyte thing - how about giving NHS direct a call, or your MW. Hope you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now