Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

best way to heat babys bottle when newborn with dd had a bottle warmer took 8 mins 2 long is sitting it in a jug of hot water better

(3 Posts)
tinkisgoingtohaveagirl Mon 13-Oct-08 16:02:10

hi

i am 27 weeks thursday just getting orgnaised i am planning on bottle feeding all the time from newborn

cmotdibbler Mon 13-Oct-08 16:05:14

If you make up the bottle with freshly boiled water, and then top up with cooled boiled water from the fridge, this both kills off the bacteria in the formula powder (as is the current recommendations) and gets it to the right temp really quickly. You just need to experiment with how much boiling water and fridge cooled water makes the right temperature as it depends a little on your kettle and fridge, but then its as fast as boiling the kettle.

lauraloola Mon 13-Oct-08 16:51:51

Dont bother with another bottle warmer! I just use a jug and put boiling water in - Make sure the water goes as far as the top of the milk line.

Doesnt take too long at all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: