Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Large for dates.

(4 Posts)
kayzisexpecting Mon 13-Oct-08 12:19:54

I saw my MW 2 weeks ago when I was 28+6 and I measured 30cms. MW didn't seem at all concerned, so I didn't. Then this morning when looking through a pg magazine it said that it can mean I'm having a larger baby which could mean gestational diabetes. I did have raised blood sugar when I had my bloods done at that appt with MW. So last Monday I had a blood test where I wasn't allowed to eat anything from Midnight.

I haven't recieved any results. Normally when MW does bloods you don't hear anything if its ok. Should I accept my bloods from the fasting test last monday are normal or would you ring them just to be on the safe side?

CookieMonster2 Mon 13-Oct-08 13:56:08

I don't know anything about gestational diabetes, but measuring 30cm at 28 weeks is perfectly normal, and probably doesn't mean you are having a large baby at all. 2 cm either side of the number of weeks you are is normal, and even then this is only a guideline, you would need a growth scan to see if there was actually a problem.

mistlethrush Mon 13-Oct-08 13:57:08

My mw only got worried when I started measuring 5cms over - sent for tests - just a big baby!

kayzisexpecting Mon 13-Oct-08 13:59:18

Thats reassuring. I did ring for my results which were normal. They did say I probably had raised blood sugar because I was in a rush and had breakfast about 5 minutes before my bloods.

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now