Talk

Advanced search

32 weeks and weeing up to 10 times in the night

(29 Posts)
shrub Fri 04-Mar-05 19:31:21

expecting my third so need as much sleep as i can but need to wee every hour. tried reducing fluids in the afternoon and it makes no difference. don't have this problem during day.i'm slowly going insane with tiredness! anyone with words of wisdom.....

lockets Fri 04-Mar-05 19:32:52

Message withdrawn

HappyMumof2 Fri 04-Mar-05 19:39:29

Message withdrawn

shrub Fri 04-Mar-05 20:41:42

oh crikey lockets - really?? well it maybe the last resort as i'm just not that uninhibited happymum of2 - though i would consider a catheter fiitted just to get 1 good nights sleep

lockets Fri 04-Mar-05 20:51:00

Message withdrawn

shrub Fri 04-Mar-05 20:56:05

when i mention it to other mums they look at me strangely - so is it that unusual or do they just have exeptional pelvic floors??

shrub Fri 04-Mar-05 20:57:59

oh crikey lockets - really?? well it maybe the last resort as i'm just not that uninhibited happymum of2 - though i would consider a catheter fiitted just to get 1 good nights sleep

piffle Fri 04-Mar-05 20:58:02

Bucket, this was me with my first drove me bloody nuts
I totally know what you mean about catheterisation too!
Sympathies - one day it will be a distant memory you joke about to expectant mums along with sickness and tiredness and fat ankles
Remind me again why I want a third child?
arrghh

shrub Fri 04-Mar-05 21:36:16

its not like when you're expecting your third you need to keep hearing from the midwives 'oh its natures way of preparing you for the baby' we already know so please let us sleep as much as possible before they arrive

shrub Fri 04-Mar-05 21:36:32

its not like when you're expecting your third you need to keep hearing from the midwives 'oh its natures way of preparing you for the baby' we already know so please let us sleep as much as possible before they arrive

lockets Fri 04-Mar-05 21:38:26

Message withdrawn

beansprout Fri 04-Mar-05 21:42:34

Could never work out that "nature's way.." comment. How on earth is preparation for lack of sleep.... lack of sleep?!! WTF?!

bubbaloo Fri 04-Mar-05 23:30:19

im only 26 wks pg(with my first)and im already up 4 or 5 times in the night-looks like alot more fun to come then

tiny01 Sat 05-Mar-05 17:06:35

hi,
I am on no 2 and have been weeing constantly since 20 weeks, but at first it was dribble, very frustrating so I would move back and forward to empty bladder which worked well enough. Now I am 37 weeks and I get a good flow so not so often. Maybe position of baby I dont know. But am getting so use to it I wake up and go to the toilet automatically even if I dont need a pee. So I think night feeds will be a doddle after this. Shrub- hope you get some sleep soon.

morningpaper Sat 05-Mar-05 17:15:52

I honestly found waking every 2 hours in the night with a newborn incredibly RESTFUL after a pregnancy where I was up ALL THE TIME in the night relieving myself!

Not much consolation but for some of us it is sadly normal.

I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and averaging 5-6 times a night already.

tiny01 Sat 05-Mar-05 17:40:30

yes I agree. With weeing, midnight cravings, leg cramps, twitchy feet, fixing pillows and snoring, sleep is a wonder after the baby is born. I dont understand why people say a newborn is harder... but isnt it worth it. morningpaper- 9wks thats early I thought I was bad, good luck.

shrub Sat 05-Mar-05 20:53:55

found the following though haven't tried yet:
weight/postition of baby can have the same effect as a 'cork in a bottle', so during the day, fluids can get trapped behind baby and only when you lie down, does the baby's position change and suddenly feel the need to wee, when you stand up and then sit down on loo, baby changes postion again and wee gets trapped behind so you can't empty bladder properly!
only solution is to lie down completely flat during the day as much as you can (???!!) and rocking when you go for a wee to change position of baby
i'm off to invent a loo that we can wee lying down

Hanlou007 Mon 07-Mar-05 09:22:05

Its a nightmare...what i would give to only get up once or twice.....

Have been getting headaches so been told to drink more......thats ok if your not 32 wks pregnant and need the loo all the time....

morningpaper Mon 07-Mar-05 18:09:13

Counted properly last night - up 9 times!

9 weeks and 3 days.... ah well only another SEVEN MONTHS to go...

shrub Sat 12-Mar-05 20:47:44

altering fluid intake seems to make no difference. i had a bowl of soup the other night and consequently only went 4 times....?

samwifewithkid Mon 14-Mar-05 12:23:30

I'm nearly 38 wk pg and am finding that I am doing lots of pathetic wees in the daytime. Like someone said I think they are trapped behind the baby, so little and often is coming out! But at night time whilst bladder is filling properly, luckily I am weeing a few times but big quantities. But it is still annoying having to get up. I find weeing with your eyes closed makes it feel less like you've been disturbed What with heartburn, changing position, weeing and numb hips, having a newborn will be a breath of fresh air

shrub Mon 28-Mar-05 10:16:24

now going every 1/2 hour to 50 mins in the night and its driving me mad! i can't function on so little sleep (ds1 is 5, ds2 is 22 months). limiting fluid has had no effect and getting no sleep so have begged dm to take boys for 2 days while i catch up on sleep and mumsnet.
i can't believe how midwives are so dismissive, ie. 'oh its just one of those things' etc
just wondering how everyone else is getting on or if anyone has any advice, i'm thinking of trying to sleep sitting up or nappies
there must be something........?

shrub Mon 28-Mar-05 11:13:27

anyone?

morningpaper Mon 28-Mar-05 11:49:26

I've never found any solutions. I am thirsty all the time and I don't think restricting fluids is very healthy at any stage of pregnancy IMO.

samwifewithkids: Weeing with your eyes closed really helped me feel less disturbed and made going back to sleep easier. Don't turn on any lights.

And yes having a newborn WAS a massive relief in comparison - getting two hour chunks of sleep was bloody marvellous.

morningpaper Mon 28-Mar-05 11:50:43

I had to sleep sitting up a lot anyway with my 1st pregnancy (now partly through second!) due to hip problems. Didn't make any difference to wee frequency I'm afraid. Just meant much crapper quality sleep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now