Talk

Advanced search

baby kicking your lady bits?!

(12 Posts)
KateQPR Sun 12-Oct-08 19:25:45

It's my first pregnancy, so i have no idea what kicks feel like. I've started for feel kicks this week, but for the last two days sometimes the kicks feel really low down - like she's kicking my cervix!!! It feels a bit like having a smear done

Anyone else had kicks like this? Feels so weird! I keep asking baby to please turn around and stop!

nobodysghoul Sun 12-Oct-08 19:27:40

I have the exact same sensation.Odd isn't it?I have a low lying placenta and thought it was linked to that.
How many weeks are you?

McDreamy Sun 12-Oct-08 19:29:19

Yes I get that too, have done in both previous pregnancies too! Very strange feeling but perfectly normal.

KateQPR Sun 12-Oct-08 19:32:38

I'm nearly 20 weeks.

God im so glad others have it! It was totally freaking me out. I had a cervical stitch put in a few weeks ago, so anything i can feel in my cervix makes me worry!!

AnarchyAunt Sun 12-Oct-08 19:35:10

Yes I had this too. Was like she was trying to tunnel her way out of my cervix later on!

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Sun 12-Oct-08 19:36:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nobodysghoul Sun 12-Oct-08 20:04:30

He somtimes kicks so hard i'm sure i'm going to see a foot poking out my fanjo!

Twelvelegs Sun 12-Oct-08 20:05:31

Yes, it makes me gasp out loud! It's a shock everytime.

nobodysghoul Sun 12-Oct-08 20:10:10

Makes me wonder what the heck he is up to in there.

HeadFairy Sun 12-Oct-08 20:11:39

Ds used to do this, it felt like having a smear taken from the inside. Little blighter must have enjoyed it because he ended up a footling breech and wouldn't move despite much coaxing!

crabby Sun 12-Oct-08 20:26:01

My dd did exactly the same - like having a smear from inside blush

She was a footling breech from 20 weeks on and finally kicked her way out at 35 weeks shock! Pretty rare for them to do this, so don't panic. But I'll never forget the cervix kicking!!!

mrsallright Fri 17-Oct-08 20:29:12

what is a footling breech? I get this, or it seems to like lying sideways..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now