Talk

Advanced search

hey ladies i need ideas ! what kind of music did you used for labor and birth ?

(16 Posts)
bateeha24 Sat 11-Oct-08 21:20:21

only 11 days to due day and i would like to have some music while i am laboring but have no ideas as this is my 1st time to have music on labor

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Sat 11-Oct-08 21:21:44

Push It
Torn
The First Cut is the Deepest

whomovedmychocolate Sat 11-Oct-08 21:22:52

Anything loud enough to drown out the screaming. grin

MrsMattie Sat 11-Oct-08 21:23:29

<snigger>

I had a c-section last time and was forced to listen to the surgeon's choice of music (Radio 1). DS was almsot born to the sounds of Daniel Bedingfield (noooooooooo), but luckily, John Legend came on in the nick of time grin

Do you want actual songs, with words? Or just instrumental music?

FangolinaJolly Sat 11-Oct-08 21:26:22

With ds 1 I was too busy alternativelty mooing like a cow and sucking on gas and air to contemplate music.With dd she arrived so fast I doubt anyone could have pressed the play switch on the CD player quick enough....

Anyway,seriously,I would put together a compilation of all your favourite tunes.

Good luck

stayinbed Sat 11-Oct-08 21:26:57

pg1, ipod with classical music, actual birth we were listening to horowitz in london. its a little hard to hear during the birth since there are machines, screaming, doctor/midwife and dh all at once

second didn't use any music as a result

this time i will bring a hypno birthing cd i wanted to use last time but my dh was not in to

whomovedmychocolate Sat 11-Oct-08 21:33:44

I got very arsey during induction with DD when the bloody midwife put radio 2 on and Pink Floyd was playing. I was tripping in a big way on the gas and air and it was freaking me out. So we retuned and I sang along to 'Sailing By' and the shipping forecast instead hmm

chocbiscuits Sat 11-Oct-08 21:36:42

I think we had wimbledon on the TV last time...
Was wondering what to do this time...

notsoteenagemum Sat 11-Oct-08 21:37:39

With dd made tape of fave music- in labour yelled at dh to turn that bloody racket off.

With ds made cd(advanced from bedroom hi-fi to cd player) of classical music- in labour yeled at dh to turn that bloody racket off.

Note to self if ever pg again don't waste vital sleeping time compiling any kind of musical labour accompaniment!

bateeha24 sorry not helpful but honest smile

FangolinaJolly Sat 11-Oct-08 21:37:55

Who moved-You sang the Shipping Forecast?I am mightily impressed,I could not recite it ordinarily let alone sing it whilst labouring Puts my mooing to shame.

whomovedmychocolate Sat 11-Oct-08 21:46:18

I was so off my face I was talking back to the newsreaders as well. There was one of those very odd early morning farming programmes on and I was yelling 'ooo-aaarrrhhh' at the accents. blush.

I do have a phenomenal audio recall though - drives DH demented because I can quote full conversations three weeks hence when he claims he didn't agree to do X or Y. grin

bateeha24 Sat 11-Oct-08 21:46:57

with words mrsmattie pls

Honeymoonmummy Sun 12-Oct-08 17:43:50

This thread is very funny but not the most useful of answers for you!! I'm a first-timer and 37 weeks, I like you have no idea what I'm gonna want, so I'm doing 3 compilations- fast songs that I like, slow songs that I like and classical music. Hope this helps?

Alexa808 Mon 13-Oct-08 04:12:09

had el cs and my dh compiled a lovely cd

dd was born to classical version of yellow by coldplay

keane classical version
lots of depeche mode (love the halo rmx by goldfrapp)
aha
music from star wars (yes, i'm such a nerd)

grin

arfishy Mon 13-Oct-08 07:28:14

After the weeks of careful planning, shopping and packing I didn't actually open my hospital bag until several hours after the birth.

So I didn't play my music, use the spritzer, lip balm, socks, homeopathic birthing kit, paracetamol hmm, flannel etc etc etc.

Can't quite think why now. I think I was so relieved about the epidural all I could do was stare into space.

I would just put your favourites on but don't spend too much time on it, just in case wink

Good luck with the birth - come back and tell us all about it and what was playing when the baby was born smile

bateeha24 Mon 13-Oct-08 12:28:59

sure will arfishy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now