Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TTC after ectopic, Af 2 days late when to test?

(9 Posts)
piffle Fri 04-Mar-05 12:30:24

With ectopic back in Nov I left it 6 days late to test as I was fairly relaxed and am not one to buy tests when it will be obvious in a few weeks kinda thing - but day after I tested I had the ectopic, ambulanced surgery tube removed etc (am ok really now no sympathy required honest)
But after having the ectopic I was told that I should test early and book in for early scan to rule out tubal pg as it can sometimes reoccur and your risk is higher etc
DH thinks I'm mental testing this soon, but should I?

smellymelly Fri 04-Mar-05 12:52:03

Hi Piffle I left you a message on the ttc thread re the ectopic.

Yes you should test as early as possible. (poundland sell cheap tests - £1 for a pack of 2!)

I was given an early scan at 5 weeks, didn't see much - just 2 empty sacs, they took my blood as well to check hormone levels, then at 6 weeks, saw 2 tiny heartbeats, and 8 weeks then at 12 weeks too.

I was very lucky, my early pregnancy unit were fantastic, but my gp dismissed me when I asked for blood tests etc so I went straight to the epu and they looked after me very well.

I know you said it took you 16 months to conceive the ectopic, but one bit of hope you have is that following any kind of pregnancy you are much moer fertile than normal..

Good luck...

piffle Fri 04-Mar-05 13:00:35

thanks melly will brave the weather and dig a test out in town
eeeks
am not prepared for a + result though so if I come back screeching you'll know why

99redballoons Sat 05-Mar-05 12:34:39

aaannnddd?

Mirage Sat 05-Mar-05 19:08:58

I agree with Smellymelly-you should test asap after an ectopic.I had an ectopic in Sept 2002 & was told to test if only 1 day late in future,so that if I was pregnant,I could be monitored ect.

When I did find I was pregnant again,just 7 wks later,I had a similar experience to SM.The gp I saw told me to come back when I was 8 wks,so I rang the EPAU & booked myself in there.

I'm on my 2nd normal pregnancy after my ectopic & still have the 'dodgy' tube.I think the risk goes from 1 in 100 to 2 in 100 after suffering an ectopic.

Good Luck

piffle Sun 06-Mar-05 13:09:39

well am 4 dys late and tested but negative result
Will try again in 2 days if no Af arriving, amy call GP just in case it needs checking
A bit worried if truth be told! We only got all clear to get cracking 2 weeks ago!

Mirage Sun 06-Mar-05 16:14:29

Glad you're ok Piffle.I got a negative test at 1st with dd.As it was so soon after my ectopic,I thought it was my cycle getting screwed up.A week later & still no AF,I tested again & got a BFP.

This time around I got a BFP at 1 day late.Bodies are mysterious things!

I'll keep everything crossed for you.

piffle Tue 08-Mar-05 15:26:41

still no Af and still negative!!!
Doc says that as I may not ovulate properly off the ovary that had the tube removed, then it could upset my periods...
We'll see it is now 6 days over and he said urine tests are very reliable and I should assume I'm not pregnant
not impressed at all!!!!!
Would hate to think I'm staying off the vino for nothing LOL

smellymelly Mon 04-Apr-05 13:00:06

Any more news yet, piffle?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now