Talk

Advanced search

Preg with 2nd DC and getting incontinence at only 15 wks - p***ed off!

(4 Posts)
AnybodyHomeMcFly Sat 11-Oct-08 18:19:53

I have a cold and over the last few days I have had "little accidents" of the wetting kind when sneezing or coughing (not every time just when bladder too full). blush

I know it's part of everything slackening during pregnancy and also presumably linked to forceps birth with DS but it's getting me down - even with an expected induction at 37 weeks I've still got at least 22 weeks to go!

I don't want to be wetting myself for the next 5 months - any tips or is it Tena Lady for me??

AnybodyHomeMcFly Sat 11-Oct-08 19:58:01

bump

Heated Sat 11-Oct-08 19:59:57

Refer it to your mw who should refer you to consultant care. Incontinence in pg ought to be taken seriously, especially since it impacts on future continence when older.

belgo Sat 11-Oct-08 20:00:02

Do you know how to do pelvic floor exercises? That can help control incontinence. It might be worth seeing your GP or midwife and asking advice on how to carry out pelvic floor exercises effectively. And you need to do them, every day, forever, even when you are no longer pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now