Talk

Advanced search

Reassurance needed please

(8 Posts)
karma Sat 11-Oct-08 13:23:03

Hi , I am 13 weeks pregnant after 2 live births and then 4 miscarriages. Obviously really stressed about everything but now convinced about the worst.
Have had really bad crampy pains over the top of my abdomen for last 2 days, with some episodes of diarrhoea. Feeling quesy and generally not right.
Have had scans at 8, 10 and 12 weeks which have been ok but now really worried - can't bear the thought that something has gone wrong at this late stage.
EPU weren't interested cause I'm not bleeding, and the GP equally thought it was a stomach bug and wouldn't scan.
I'm sure that I'm just being paranoid, and I have got another scan on wed (although I don't know how I will last until then).
Please can someone offer some reassuring words to get me through the next few days.
Many thanks.

mankymummy Sat 11-Oct-08 13:25:33

there is an awful tummy bug going round at the mo. i've just had it and im not PG.

it started with massive stomach bloating and cramps and then horrendous diarrhoa, feeling really sick and hot and then 12 hours of vomiting. not wishing that on you of course, but it could be the reason...

Millie26 Sat 11-Oct-08 13:29:09

Hey, I had lots of scans too in the beginning and then got to 13 weeks and had diarrhoea and cramps etc. but still all ok at 17 weeks.

Cramps can be down to all your ligaments stretching but really bad cramps would suggest a bug. You have a low chance of having a miscarriage after 12 weeks, especially if the 12 wk scan showed normal growth etc.

I always go one about this but I bought an Angelsounds doppler from Ebay (£30) and used it from 11 weeks just once a week and has been so reassuring. Lots of people disagree with them as it can be hard to find the heartbeat, but mine came in the post the next day and was brilliant.

Can be good for paranoid mummy's like us!

Hoep you feel lots better soon. x

karma Sun 12-Oct-08 07:45:26

Thanks for the replies. Do you think it's normal for cramps to continue for 3 days even though I only had the diarrhoea on day 1? They are not getting any worse, just no better and they are still mainly around my upper abdomen. I hope that if it is anything more sinister then it would be getting worse and keeping me awake at night (which it's not, it doesn't seem to happen in the night). Oh well I shall find out for sure at the scan on wed. Wish I could stop all this worrying - it's driving me and DH mad!

LazyLinePainterJane Sun 12-Oct-08 08:15:30

I am 36 weeks and suffered a bout of diarrhoea a few weeks ago. The cramps were so awful I thought I was in labour. I had the cramps for a few days even though the diarrhoea had gone, although it did make a reappearance so maybe that is why?

I would still be worried though, am surprised they wouldn't scan you after 4 MC.

Good luck, I know it is hard not to worry.

sillyworrywort Sun 12-Oct-08 10:09:27

My husband had the same bug and loads of people at work plus my grandad is in a care home and it is shut because of a tummy bug - I am sure that is all it is.

karma Wed 15-Oct-08 16:10:35

Hi,
Just to let you know, had 14 week scan today and everything fine. Thanks for the replies.

kizzie Wed 15-Oct-08 16:28:50

aaah - lovely news smile. Glad was all ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now