Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

I'm pg and I've discovered a prolapse. Will my insides fall out?

(13 Posts)
wherearemyinsides Fri 10-Oct-08 18:32:53

Currently 15weeks pg with 3rd dc. I've discovered some sort of lumpy thing which I am fairly sure is a prolapse. Is there anything apart from pfe that I can do to stop it getting worse? I'm worried that the weight of the baby will make everything so much worse.

Dropdeadfred Fri 10-Oct-08 18:34:25

I don't know anything about this persoanlly but a friend of mine on here did have a prolapse and amanaged to carry twins practically to term..her insides are now fine with no intervention needed.

Do get i checked with your GP though

TheBlonde Fri 10-Oct-08 18:39:00

go see your gp
ask for referral to a gynae & a gynae physio
they can check if it is a prolapse and help ensure you do effective pfe

MrsMattie Fri 10-Oct-08 18:40:22

You need to have it properly diagnosed. You can't be sure it's a prolapse until you do.

wherearemyinsides Fri 10-Oct-08 18:45:36

going to gp on tues. It seems like ages away.

Thats encouraging dropdead. I keep having images of everything falling out over the weekend.

MrsMattie Fri 10-Oct-08 18:47:35

Could it be a cyst? I have a Bartholin's cyst which is huge at the minute (I'm also pregnant) and it sometimes feels like what I imagine a prolapse to feel like - like something is obstructing the vagina? Horrid.

Sorry for tmi!

smartiejake Fri 10-Oct-08 18:51:25

I had a mild cervical prolapse when I was PG with my second. I was examined at the hospital and the gynae said that as the pg progresses and the baby grows the prolase gets pulled back up.
Ten years later I have a very slight weakness but it's not bad enough for surgery. Definitely get it checked but try not to worry. Is it your second?

wherearemyinsides Fri 10-Oct-08 18:55:58

Its my 3rd. That makes sense about the pregnancy pulling everything up. My first 2 dcs were quite big and both labours were awful. With dd1 it was 26 hours then episiotomy and forceps. DD2 was back to back and took over 50 hours. It does make me a prime candidate for a prolapse but it could be anything really.

smartiejake Fri 10-Oct-08 19:22:05

Does it feel like a tampon that's not quite in properly? Sorry if TMI but that's what mine felt like- a sort of feeling of "something coming down" IYSWIM

smartiejake Fri 10-Oct-08 19:22:06

Does it feel like a tampon that's not quite in properly? Sorry if TMI but that's what mine felt like- a sort of feeling of "something coming down" IYSWIM

smartiejake Fri 10-Oct-08 19:22:37

Oops sorry TMI twice!

wherearemyinsides Fri 10-Oct-08 20:06:12

Yes! it does. Is yours ok now?

smartiejacktheripper Fri 10-Oct-08 20:11:58

Yes it's fine.

Since I had her (she's now 10) I have had about three ocassions where it has not felt right but a few days of intensive pelvic floor exercises have put it right.

I went to see the doc about it the last time it was a problem but he said it really wasn't bad and might not need any attention.

If yours turns out to be a prolapse the best advice I could give you is DO YOUR PELVIC FLOOR EXERCISES LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT! (Sorry for shouting!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: