Talk

Advanced search

3rd miscarriage this year

(12 Posts)
Noleeen Fri 10-Oct-08 11:36:54

Hi, i am new to this and have no idea what i am doing so here goes. I have just siffered my third miscarrige this year. I went off birth contrpl pill at beginning of year, fell pregnant straight away but lost it at 5wks, natural m/c - blighted ovumn. I actually fell pregnant again straight away after this with no period in between, had an early scan at 6wks 5days, saw fetal pol and heartbeat, was so excited from here on in. I went for my next scan at 12wks only to be told it measured 8wks and no longer a h/b, i was completely devastated, i had been tracking the growth of the baby every week and what it would look like only to find out it had died 4wks before, D&C was required this time. I had a period between this and fell pregnant again only to start bleeding again 5days later, natural m/c once again in the form of a chemical pregnancy. I have had blood tests done and so far only got 3 results back, bloodclotting, rubella and one for antibodies all of which have been normal, i am still waiting on another 4. I am 26 years of age and am so scared at the prospect that i will never have a baby of my own. I still think about all 3 m/c BUT it is the 2nd one that has affected me the most and although this happened in July i still get really upset about it.

chandellina Fri 10-Oct-08 11:53:24

Noleen- i'm so sorry for your losses. please don't lose hope. definitely find out if any of the tests turn anything up. based on my own experience (two unexplained miscarriages at 8 and 10 weeks, one after seeing a h/b), i would also suggest taking baby aspirin and progesterone suppositories daily when you fall pregnant again. there was nothing to suggest i needed these, but my baby stuck when i did them, and now i have a beautiful 2-month old boy. i saw lots of consultants and fertility experts (had clomid, IUI and IVFx2 but actually fell pregnant again naturally) and they all said aspirin and progesterone can't hurt and can help. Official NHS line is they don't make a difference but lots of women would beg to differ.
anyway, best of luck, and hang in there. also, you have two huge things on your side - you are young, and clearly producing fertile eggs.
xC

Noleeen Fri 10-Oct-08 12:57:04

Hi, thanks for the responce, i have been hepled a bit by the fact that i can in fact get pregnant and relatively easily, im just hopen someday i can keep the pregnancy. I am currently back on birth control and plan to stay on it for at least 6 months in order to give my body and myself a break and to recover from this and hope that 2009 will be a better year for me. I am also taking pre-natal vitamins at the minute. I have heard people talk of baby asprin and progesterone suppositories so do i wait until i fall pregnant again and just start taking them as soon as i find out or do you need to take them while you are trying?

chandellina Fri 10-Oct-08 18:05:22

you can start taking them once you get a positive test. aspirin is available at the chemist but you'll need a prescription for progesterone so you may want to talk to your GP about it at some point. (and insist)
good luck falling pregnant again once the six months are out ...

brettgirl2 Fri 10-Oct-08 20:02:34

Your experience sounds awful - the only thing is that your three miscarriages all follow completely different patterns, therefore it seems likely that you have just been really unlucky?

littlelapin Fri 10-Oct-08 20:07:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dan39 Wed 15-Oct-08 18:36:30

I am so sorry for your loss, too. Look at the miscarriage threads on here for support - they are under 'Health' which I found bizarre when I had mine in May - but there are great people there so check it out. x

Noleeen Wed 15-Oct-08 21:58:50

I got my results of bloods, all normal, doctor thinks it was just bad luck and that my womb hadn't properly repaired after each m/c to carry another pregnancy

waitinggirl Thu 16-Oct-08 05:02:29

really good idea to wait a while and let your body get back to "normal". i did the same after 2 m/c last year - i also then had some acupuncture to encourage fertility - whether it was coincidence or had something to do with it, we conceived straight away (am 30 weeks pg) - i kept going for the first 12 weeks, and it really helped to calm me down and give me the sense that i was doing something positive for my body.

it is awful, but try to give your body and mind a rest, if you can. you are still really young (i am nearly 36 which isn't ancient, but a lot further on than you) and you and your partner are obviously compatible and managing to fertilise eggs. breathe and trust that your body will know what to do when the time comes.

good luck x

blueskyandsunshine Thu 16-Oct-08 05:55:10

Just wanted to send support. I feel so sorry for your losses, you must be devastated.

Have you thought of coming off all hormonal contraception for a bit for your body to have a complete rest? This advice comes from nowhere medical, it just sounds like in body and mind you must be utterly drained.

Don't give up hope -- I had two mc's then a baby then another mc. Now a mother of three. Don't give up hope.
xx

Noleeen Thu 16-Oct-08 11:34:35

I went back on the birth control pill to try to regulate my periods etc again. Through time when i feel i am ready to TTC again i will definately go off the pill a couple of months beforehand in order to give my body a break from it and get back to normal. There is some good advice on this site

chandellina Thu 16-Oct-08 12:33:23

fyi, you are more fertile in the cycle immediately after going off the pill, so you may want to just go for it then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now